- University of Miami School of LawLaw, 2010 - 2013Juris Doctor, May 2013 Cum Laude GPA: 3.340/4.00 Honors: Miami Scholars Program; Dean’s Certificate of Achievement in Environmental Law & Policy; Outstanding Public Interest Scholarship Recipient, 2012-2013; Top 10 To Watch (Miami Law Magazine), Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, 2013 Law Review: National Security & Armed Conflict Law Review, Symposium Editor Activities: 3x Clinton Global Initiative University Attendee and 2013 Campus Representative; Environmental Law Society; The Society of Bar & Gavel; Public Interest Leadership Board; Student Ambassador
- Ohio State UniversityZoology, 2000 - 2003Bachelor of Science in Zoology, June 2003 GPA: 3.02/4.00 Minor: Latin American Studies Honors: Honor’s Program, Dean’s List Study Abroad: School for Field Studies project on primate behavior, La Suerte, Costa Rica, Summer 2000
- Keller School of ManagementMBA, 2005 - 2008Master of Business Administration Candidate, Fall 2005-Spring 2008 GPA: 3.83/4.00
- Department of the Navy Office of General CounselAcquisition Attorney, 2013 - present
- Department of the NavyLegal Intern, 2012 - 2012UNITED STATES NAVY, OFFICE OF GENERAL COUNSEL, OFFICE OF THE COUNSEL FOR THE COMMANDANT, Pentagon, DC Office of the Counsel for the Commandant, Summer Law Clerk, May 2012 to August 2012 Worked on a broad range of legal issues including operational, military, ethical, environmental, fiscal, contract, and civilian personnel law. Drafted memorandum and information papers, edited litigation briefs and media releases, attended meetings and think-tanks, and researched various topics relating to each of these areas of law.
- US Attorneys OfficeLegal Intern, 2013 - 2013UNITED STATES ATTORNEY’S OFFICE, SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA, Miami, FL Special Prosecutions Section, Spring Extern, January 2013 to Aug 2013 Conducted research, drafted memoranda and motions, assisted with trial preparation, and attended meetings with task forces relating to child pornography and exploitation, human and drug trafficking, major crimes, and public corruption.
- University of Miami School of LawClinical Intern & RA, 2011 - 2012THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI SCHOOL OF LAW, Coral Gables, FL Health & Elder Law Clinic, Legal Clinical Intern, August 2011 to May 2012 Helped clients in a range of cases from immigration to public benefits issues. Drafted an appeal for the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review, wrote client letters, conducted client interviews, and represented clients at hearings. Human Rights Clinic, Research Assistant, January 2011 to May 2011 Conducted research for class materials, drafted press releases and memoranda for the clinic, and edited class syllabus.
- University of Miami School of LawHOPE Fellow, 2011 - 2011LEGAL ASSISTANCE CENTRE, Windhoek, Namibia Land, Environment and Development Division, H.O.P.E. Fellow, May 2011 to July 2011 Participated in nuclear energy policy research by conducting interviews of key officials and by analyzing international nuclear policies. Drafted report to provide a policy overview of the human rights and environmental legal issues.
Feature Aquarium: Paul Bruns 427 Gallon Sunroom Reef
There are reef aquariums, then there are REEF AQUARIUMS. Paul Bruns' 427 gallon captive reef is a true masterwork of aquascaping, husbandry,
A Look at a Successful 125 Gallon Mixed-Reef Aquarium
Here's a look at my 125 gallon mixed-reef aquarium. It's not the biggest, fanciest, most colorful, high-tech reef aquarium for sure, but I'm
NOAA’s New Orca Images Are Both Stunningly Beautiful And Disturbing
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has recently employed a remote control aerial vehicle to shadow orcas, and the footage t
Itch-scratching elephant terrifies occupants of car - GrindTV.com
Thankfully the elephant was in a playful mood, though it did badly dent the vehicle, smash the windows out, blow out all the tires, and brea