Was having a bit of shader fun with Unity today. Awesome scanned head model is courtesy of Lee Perry-Smith and Infinite Realities (it's royalty-free! go grab it! :D http://www.ir-ltd.net/infinite-3d-head-scan-released)
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
- Very cool!
If you throw some noise into your PCF (won't take much), that banding on the shadow should all but disappear.Oct 26, 2011
- Thanks! I'm actually just using Unity's own shadow solution for the moment, but I'll probably try and have a go at doing my own shadows (after doing some whitepaper reading! :p)Oct 26, 2011
- Nice, dude. Need to get my pre-integrated skin shading thing finished up. But I think it means reverse engineering the shadow code :(Oct 27, 2011
- I'd definitely be keen to see what you come up with.
Meantime, I've been messing with it some more, though I haven't even begun to look at shadow stuff (also can't figure out why there's spec happening on the shadowed side -_-). Right now, in addition to the lut, I'm using a lower mip levels for the sss contribution. Poor man's gaussian blur (:p) so the pores and fine detail don't look all stoney (though it does mean an extra sampler).
Original link updatedOct 27, 2011
- Nice man, love seeing stuff like this.Oct 27, 2011
- Looking good!Oct 27, 2011
Add a comment...