We were mortified to learn that a team of people working on a Google project improperly used Mocality’s data and misrepresented our relationship with Mocality to encourage customers to create new websites. We’ve already unreservedly apologised to Mocality. We’re still investigating exactly how this happened, and as soon as we have all the facts, we’ll be taking the appropriate action with the people involved.
328 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 106 previous comments
- Will be interesting to see how this is sorted out eventually. Will make an interesting case study.Jan 18, 2012
- The Mocality fiasco is not the end of the story. The bigger story is how OpenStreetMap.com has been vandalised in New York and London, from the same IP address, as earlier reported by Mocality Kenya's investigations. Wonder if Nelson Mattos would want to top up his public apology with a double helping !Jan 18, 2012
- No mention of how you are planning to make Mocality whole. When we can we expect that ?Jan 18, 2012
- This is part of Google's strategy in Africa right? Uber Fail!Jan 19, 2012
- Google had been a dream company for me.. Offlate with the growing power of Google, it is true that they are growing evil... I would again love to hear them putting this on a 3rd party contract and getting away.. But seriously.. what are they thinking??Jan 20, 2012
- That's bad!Mar 30, 2012
Add a comment...