Sadly, we still can't play with it yet because the Google Now server URL still remains secret.
If you know it though, all you have to do is set
localStorage['server_url'] = 'http://example.com'; in the background page.
I'm working on a new feature that will hopefully make it's way into CM. It's called "Run in Incognito Mode". It's a simple privacy feature designed to help you keep your personal data under control.
I've added a per-application flag which is exposed via a simple API. This flag can be used by content providers to decide if they should return a full or limited dataset. In the implementation I'm working on, I am using the flag to provide these privacy features in the base system:
* Return empty lists for contacts, calendar, browser history,and messages.
* GPS will appear to always be disabled to the running application.
* When an app is running incognito, a quick panel item is displayed in order to turn it off easily.
* No fine-grained permissions controls as you saw in CM7. It's a single option available under application details.
The API provides a simple isIncognito() call which will tell you if incognito is enabled for the process (or the calling process). Third party applications can honor the feature using this API, or they can choose to display pictures of cats instead of running normally.
We aren't providing ad-blocking or device info (IMEI) spoofing. This feature is designed explictly to help protect your personal data, and it will remain as such.
I've been all over the US and spent some time in Canada and Korea. I absolutely love programming, taking pictures, browsing the interwebs, and having fun.
NOTE: My posts do not necessarily represent Amazon.
- University of UtahMS Computer Science, 2012 - 2013Thesis in network management and operation of open access networks.
- University of UtahBS Computer Engineering, 2009 - 2012Sponsored senior project in secure communications in wireless sensor networks.
- Wright State University2001 - 2004
- Brigham Young UniversityComputer Engineering, 2004 - 2009
- Seoul National UniversityComputer Engineering, 2010 - 2010
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.Software Development Engineer, 2013 - present
- University of Utah School of ComputingResearch Assistant, 2009 - 2013* Create and update user tools for network testbed experimenters * Follow rigorous timelines and demonstrate updated project at various national engineering conferences (GENI) * Research into managing and operating Open Access Networks
- Software Engineering Intern, 2012 - 2012I worked and contributed as part of the speech team.
- Raytheon BBN TechnologiesSoftware Developer Intern, 2011 - 2011* Updated user tools for multi-team tutorial at engineering conference (GENI) * Collected user feedback and improved accordingly
- Strum Studios (Owner)Web Developer / Programmer / Entrepreneur, 2004 - 2009* Created and deployed 2 programs, each with 10,000+ lines of OO C# code * Developed business model from idea to production and sales within a year * Recruited 20 testers and managed their testing and feedback over three months * Designed modern, future-friendly XML/XSLT storage and export engine
- Air Force Research LabsSummer Scholar, 2003 - 2004* Proposed and completed 3 large projects * Programmed robots, simulations and tested various hi-tech devices * Presented progress and findings to supervisors
Top Government Security Officials Call For Secure OS Development | threa...
Top CIA and Pentagon security officials called for a secure operating system to be developed.
UN committee criticizes NKorea human rights, North Korea's Kim said "dia...
Voice of the People, Bridge to the World - UN committee criticizes NKorea human rights, North Korea's Kim said
EFF Data Shows Four CAs Compromised Since June | threatpost
The EFF's SSL Observatory data shows that five CAs were compromised since June.