Start a hangout
310 followers|82,634 views
A joint US and Bangladesh company called SOLARIC has developed a grid product solution for small-scale rural areas. The company calls its product
An Indonesian palm oil firm is destroying rainforests in New Guinea despite high profile zero deforestation pledges from its customers, finds research by Greenomics-Indonesia. Landsat imagery acquired and analyzed by Greenomics shows that Austindo Nusantara Jaya Agri (ANJ) is clearing high carbon stock forests in the southern part of West Papua's Bird's Head Peninsula in Indonesian New Guinea.
Societal evolution through global sustainability. News, innovations & alternatives in energy, environment, economics, resources, open development & culture.
evolveSUSTAIN is a collection of the latest news, innovations, ideas, and alternatives in global sustainability and resilient systems development. The selection of articles and blog posts reflects a desire for people to think outside the box in regards to sustainability. A world viewpoint takes center stage, focusing on international issues and macroscopic systems. Local and regional developments that show potential for widespread impact are also covered. The motivation for this project is to help people discover the progressive aspects of sustainable development, while acknowledging the difficulties in achieving global sustainability. In order to foster discovery, evolveSUSTAIN maintains a presence on a variety of social media and social networking sites. Scroll down for more ways to connect.
Topics covered here, as they relate to sustainability, include...
- clean and renewable energy, including wind, solar, hydro, geothermal, biofuels, and any new technologies
- sustainable agricultural practices
- natural resource conservation
- energy efficient and alternative housing
- green urban development
- alternative economic systems and monetary reform
- community development and localization
- alternative business and employment models
- energy efficient infrastructure and alternative construction methods
- the commons and public resources
- population stabilization, focusing on contraceptive education and distribution
- ecosystem and wildlife preservation
- clean transportation systems
- nuclear energy
- open source and open society development
- gender issues, including global female equality and sexual health
- land management and environmental protection
- open government development and political transparency
- climate change and global warming
- local food system development
- peak oil and the transition away from petroleum, natural gas, and coal
- water conservation and management
- efficient and alternative methods of manufacturing and production
- recycling and waste management