Privacy, Civil Liberty and Creative Freedom Alert:
The Cybersecurity Executive Order ( #CSEO ) plans to implement portions of SOPA/PIPA while circumventing standard legislative measures that were necessary for the original bills to become law. Executive orders are treated as law until brought forth to courts. Requests for copies of the order by Congress has been denied.
The Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership ( #TPP ) is a Asia-Pacific free trade agreement that entails concerning Intellectual Property provisions that undermine civil liberties and creative freedom. Only member governments and corporations have access to the proposed legislation. Only leaked copies of the agreement are available.
Contact your congressman and the executive branch and request that these actions be stopped. The TPP affects multiple countries, contact your government officials immediately.
#StopCSEO #StopTPP #StopTPPA #occupy #occupywallstreet
Neither Occupy Wall Street or this page officially endorses or supports Anonymous. This post does not reflect endorsement or support for all actions performed by Anonymous.
Opposition refuses to be dictated, The people must write their constitution and elect the government
The purple coat she's seen wearing in the photo on the left is what she was wearing when taken.
If you can, please help.
Dyfed-Powys Police have asked anyone with information to contact a dedicated hotline on 0300 2000 333
Should "Occupy World" voice solidarity for the union strike in Chicago or should in not endorse a side?
From the article:
Now, in Vancouver, in a country that used to pride itself on its democratic freedoms and its standing as an international peacekeeper, the right to assemble and the right to freedom of expression are being more than criminalized.
Those who would dare exercise these rights are being targeted, intimidated, rounded up and arrested, roughed-up and then released without charge. This is the definition of terrorism: to systematically instill fear in a group of people for the purposes of coercion.
Tags: #Canada #MapleSpring #Casseroles
Information for Followers About This Page
Occupy World is a page that is operated by Kyle Gottfried (who also operates Occupy Wall Street) and independent managers who are responsible for posting content, monitoring comments by users, and adding new managers.
Occupy World brings the latest news from the front line people protests such as Occupy and the Arab Spring as delivered by page mangers located all over the world monitoring protest movements internationally.
You can become a manager yourself. Check out the “Information for Manager” below and ask yourself whether you can perform those objectives. If so, then message either the page owner or a page manager to be added.
Occupy World is not officially endorsed or affiliated with any Occupy groups, Occupy Wall Street, or any protest movements of the Arab Spring. It is independently managed by Kyle Gottfried and other managers who want to bring you the latest information possible about these protests to keep you and others informed about the occurrences of the world.Current Owner Current ManagersInformation for Managers
Privileges and Responsibilities of Managers
- Make posts about the latest news from Occupy protests around the world and Arab Spring protests from around the world
- Occupy World’s primary focus is protests occurring around the world and keeping basic rights available to all members of the human world. Please post other material or news in your own stream.
- Controversial protests in which many people have opposing viewpoints (such as Pro-Life/Pro-Choice protests and protests related to Travon Martin case) may arise. We ask (but do not require) that these protests be discussed with care and follow the Six Rules of Etiquette.
- Add managers to help post more information from said protests above.
- Report inappropriate posts by other managers that do not follow the Six Rule of Etiquette to the page owner’s account.
- Do Not remove other managers. Allow the page owner to delete the infringing manager.
- Remove hate speech from comments made by followers.
- In the event that another manager is spamming inappropriate content and the page owner is not available you may delete the manager but make sure to notify the page owner.
- Follow the Six Rules of Etiquette (below).
Follow General Etiquette
All general cultures have general etiquette, please try to not be offensive to others and do not use words that are impolite, inappropriate, out of context, or incorrect.
No Hate Speech
No directly putting down other groups, cultures, or individuals.
For example, phrases like “Fuck the Police”, “Down with [leader]”, “Down with Israel/Palestine” are not allowed.
Graphic Imagery and Video
- Posts must follow terms of Google’s Terms of Service.
- Determine whether it is appropriate to post the graphic content. Should it really be posted or should something else be posted.
- If you are posting a video from YouTube or other video site that contains graphic content please notify followers that the content contains graphic content so that they may be prepared before pressing the “play” button.
- Please refrain from posting graphic imagery directly so that it appears in a persons’ stream. This includes gore, blood, death, graphic injury, rude gestures, erotica and nudity. Posting links to said images is permitted but please delete the preview image and notify the follower of potential graphic content.
Be Bold Not Rude
Don’t be afraid to post content but don’t be rude to other people when doing so.
No Posting Content Directly Opposing Protest Movements
You can post content that critically analyzes protest movements however posting content that was posted solely for the purpose of attacking protest movements is not allowed. This rule is not applied to followers of the page.
The Primary Language is English
You are free to post posts, comments and material that is a language other than English. However, we ask that you post a translation of your comment or a link as well as a translation of the headline in English.