Start a hangout
Works at Archicon
Attended Training to You
Lives in Phoenix, Arizona
- Training to YouPMP, 2010 - 2010
- Washington University in St. LouisArchitecture, 1992 - 1996
- Carnegie Mellon UniversityPre-College, 1991 - 1991
- Phoenix CollegeRevit, 2010 - 2010
- Chattanooga School for the Art & SciencesHigh School, 1987 - 1992
- University of Tennessee at ChattanoogaGeneral Studies, 1991 - 1993
- IkolojiSustainability, CSBA, 2010 - 2011
A native of DC, grew up in Chattanooga, was a Preekie at CMU in 91, and was skuled at Wash U. I have since worked in St. Louis, N'awlins, Houston, Tucson and Phoenix.
Policy wonk, organizing specialist
Sustainable architecture and urban community design
- ArchiconProject Manager, 2014 - present
- PMI PhoenixPMP Study Group Facilitator, 2013 - presentPaying forward the assistance I received from the PMI-Phoenix Chapter in passing the PMP, by assisting the study group meeting in Mesa. This effort is training to be a full Facilitator and potential instructor.
- Independent ServicesArchitectural Designer III, 2009 - presentNetworked at business round tables, Chambers of Commerce and professional associations, to develop strategic allegiances for civic initiatives and entrepreneurial projects. • Documented existing conditions for separate renovation projects for LuPe Designs and Herb Hacker, AIA. Provided demolition services for William Brazelton Architect, LLC. • Researched how to create a new architecture partnership, Fourward Architecture. • Canvassed door to door (sales) and consulted for multiple campaigns • Assisted in the site selection for Mother Bunch Brewing in Phoenix, Arizona. • Networked and marketed for 2 start up architecture firms: Proteus West and Artkitecture.
- Romanoski Glass & MirrorLead Generation and Territorial Sales Manager, 2011 - 2011Directed lead generation efforts across the Southwest, establishing relationships with architects and general contractors. Created a marketing schedule to build relationships with new and existing clients. • Delivered lunch and learn presentations and demonstrated the Major Industries product line at professional society meetings and conferences. • Designed portfolio presentations for interviews with General Contractors. The presentations led to the immediate generation of bidding opportunities. • Refined bid search alerts to generate more effective results and coordinated response efforts.
- Arizona Democratic PartyField Organizer, 2003 - 2012Canvassed door to door to register voters, persuade and get out the vote. Consulted on multiple campaigns with an expertise on environmental and urban design issues. • Field Canvasser for Lilia Alvarez for Maricopa County Supervisor in 2012. • Field Canvasser for Ruben Gallego for LD 27 in 2012. • Judge for random hand count of the 2012 State of Arizona Presidential Preference Election. • Field Canvasser for Arizona Democratic Party Voter Registration Drive and 2010 GOTV. • Field Organizer for the Arizona Democratic Party in 2004, recruiting over 300 PCs.
- United States Census BureauNRFU Enumerator, 2010 - 2010Located listed addresses in an Assignment Area, conducting interviews to determine their status on Census Day.
- Jacobs Engineering GroupArchitectural Job Captain, 2007 - 2009Managed a small team of Architectural Drafters in the design and construction of retail projects. Conducted facility conditions assessments to determine maintenance and renovation schedules for the US Air Force in Texas and South Carolina. non-registered graduate with 6-8 years of experience, responsible for daily design or technical development of projects. • Trained staff in physical condition surveys, receiving commendations from clients. • Modified retail roll out prototype designs to meet local building codes and design review comments.
- Cawley ArchitectsProject Manager II, 2005 - 2007Managed the design and construction process for turnkey commercial, warehouse and retail projects. Coordinated designs with consultants to meet client’s needs. Cawley is the primary design firm for a design-build contractor. In smaller architectural firms, the architectural designers tend to remain involved with the project right through completion, and actually take an active role in documentation and management, sometimes to the point of supervising construction. Non-registered graduate with more than 10 years of experience; has overall project management responsibility for a variety of projects or project teams, including client contact, scheduling, and budgeting. • Attended jurisdictional staff and public meetings for the client, to ensure compliance with city requirements and resolution of public issues. • Master planned several multi-building complexes, creating a coherent and comprehensive sense of place. • Managed the firm's only 5 story steel structure, designed to maximize the leasable Class A office space and structural efficiency.
- America Coming TogetherField Canvasser, 2004 - 2004Canvassed targeted voters to conduct interviews, document results, and get out the vote.
- Dean for AmericaDeputy Campaign Director, 2003 - 2004Coordinated field canvas, phone banks, fundraisers, and campaign eventsl. Recruited, trained and managed volunteers to become Precinct Committeemen. Volunteered for the Southern Arizona Coordination Committee prior to joining the staff. Represented the campaign at Political events in Southern Arizona. • Arranged transportation to campaign events and for the Southwestern Voter Express. • Designed voter specific campaign literature for field canvas. • Organized the largest political rally in Pima County (5,000 est).
- Rob Paulus ArchitectArchitectural Designer I, 2003 - 2003Developed construction documents for residential, commercial and urban redevelopment projects. Designed mechanical and electrical layouts. Guided projects through the city submittal process. Documented, site surveyed and field assessed historic properties to convert them from industrial use to multi-family loft homes. non-registered graduate with 3-5 years of experience; responsible for particular parts of a project within parameters set by others.
- Watkins Hamilton Ross ArchitectsArchitect In Training, 2000 - 2002Programmed, space planned, designed and administered contracts for science and research facilities for universities in Texas. Unlicensed architecture school graduate in third year of internship; develops design or technical solutions under supervision of an architect. • Coordinated documents for a 170,000 sf science and research laboratory at the University of Texas. • Resolved a dimensional issue for a laboratory tenant improvement. • Developed a mentoring program involving site visits, travelogues and exhibition tours.
- The Mathes GroupArchitectural Intern II, 1999 - 2000Developed space plans and construction documents for telecommunications facilities, academic building and corporate tenant improvements. Now Mathes Brierre Architects. Applied the science of architecture and the technology of building construction. Unlicensed architecture school graduate in second year of internship. • Managed the Bellsouth collocation program, of nearly 500 projects, reducing response time from 3 weeks to 1 day, by improving communications and the quality of our documents. • Documented important projects from the firm's extensive portfolio to design project winning marketing materials. • Designed a 3-D CAD model to base marker rendering perspectives for a competition.
- Olde New Orleans Design Group, Inc.Residential Designer, 1998 - 1999Designed single family, "Southern Style," custom homes. Developed electrical and framing diagrams. Adapted designs for on-line home plan sales. Maintained CAD Library. Researched rigid steel frame construction and designed the firm’s first steel framed home. Managed the process from conception through to completion.
- Christner, IncArchitectural Intern I, 1996 - 1998Developed space plans and construction documents for school, religious, research, hospitality, and corporate tenant improvement projects. Developed material and finish boards, color pencil renderings, and preliminary CAD models for design development. Provided building design services and solutions. Unlicensed architecture school graduate in first year of internship. • Created a continuing education and mentoring program involving architectural tours, lectures, and discussions around PBS videos . • Established CAD standards as organization switched from AES to AutoCAD R13. • Identified and photographed key sustainable design elements for a Grant report.
- Luchini ADArchitectural Drafter I, 1996 - 1996Drafted preliminary designs for a residence in Maine. Published in Adrian Luchini by Rockport.
- Washington University in St LouisCollege Work Study, 1992 - 1996• Office Assistant, School of Fine Arts, 1992 - 1995 Filed and maintained confidential donor, alumni, staff and students records. Developed a process to review the school's archives for preservation or destruction. • Shop Monitor, School of Architecture, 1994 - 1996 Instructed students in the proper use of shop tools. Inventoried, cleaned and maintained shop equipment and studio furniture. Designed, fabricated and refurbished: computer workstations, steel table stands, conference tables and lecture hall seating. • Draftsman, Earth & Planetary Sciences Library, 1996 Documented existing conditions of the Earth & Planetary Sciences Library. • Graphic Artist, Presidential Debate Commission, 1996 Drafted maps of the Athletic Complex for participants. The debate did not occur.
- Franklin Associates ArchitectsSummer Architectural Intern, 1993 - 1993Constructed models, documented existing conditions and manually drafted drawings. Designed residential additions and a community clubhouse. Field Surveyed facilities at Erlanger Medical Center to meet the 1991 ADA requirements.
- Southern TempTemporary Laborer, 1992 - 1992Maintained landscape, cleaned a hazardous material spill and performed inventory logistics.
- DAS 20Desktop Publisher, 1996 - 1996Desktop published Projecting Detroit final Thesis exhibits for two Assistant Professors and for publication in the architectural journal Assemblage.
- CORESTAFF ServicesTiny Prints Production Designer, 2013 - 2013Design and Quality Assurance Reviewer of personalized stationary for online orders. Used Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to correct and customize customer's orders. Called on customers to assist them in the development of their cards.
Tucson, Arizona - Houston, Texas - New Orleans, Louisiana - St. Louis, Missouri - Chattanooga, Tennessee - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Washington, DC
'Much of the national debate about widening inequality focuses on whether and how much to tax the rich and redistribute their income downward. But this debate ignores the upward redistributions going on every day, from the rest of us to the rich.' Robert Reich, Robert Reich's Blog
Add a comment...
Add a comment...
Add a comment...
Add a comment...
'New York Times columnist Paul Krugman lit into the hopefuls in the GOP's latest debate for embracing what he considers a 'grifter ethos. Scott Eric Kauffman, Salon
Add a comment...
'I had a radio debate with another Republican economist who trotted out the Republican's favorite statistic - that the top-earning 1 percent of Americans pays about 38 percent of all federal income taxes. Therefore, he argued, we shouldn't raise taxes on the top. This argument is misleading, for five reasons.' Robert Reich, Robert Reich's Blog
Add a comment...
PHOENIX -- Neighborhood groups are opposing Arizona State University's plans to highlight the institution with signs on its downtown Phoenix buildings
Add a comment...
For a group in downtown Phoenix, Rosh Hashanah was a chance to celebrate the soft reopening of Phoenix’s first Orthodox synagogue, as well as mark the 60th anniversary of its founding.
Add a comment...