Project Manager, 2014 - present
PMP Study Group Facilitator, 2013 - present
Paying forward the assistance I received from the PMI-Phoenix Chapter in passing the PMP, by assisting the study group meeting in Mesa. This effort is training to be a full Facilitator and potential instructor.
Architectural Designer III, 2009 - present
Networked at business round tables, Chambers of Commerce and professional associations, to develop strategic allegiances for civic initiatives and entrepreneurial projects.
• Documented existing conditions for separate renovation projects for LuPe Designs and Herb Hacker, AIA. Provided demolition services for William Brazelton Architect, LLC.
• Researched how to create a new architecture partnership, Fourward Architecture.
• Canvassed door to door (sales) and consulted for multiple campaigns
• Assisted in the site selection for Mother Bunch Brewing in Phoenix, Arizona.
• Networked and marketed for 2 start up architecture firms: Proteus West and Artkitecture.
Romanoski Glass & Mirror
Lead Generation and Territorial Sales Manager, 2011 - 2011
Directed lead generation efforts across the Southwest, establishing relationships with architects and general contractors. Created a marketing schedule to build relationships with new and existing clients.
• Delivered lunch and learn presentations and demonstrated the Major Industries product line at professional society meetings and conferences.
• Designed portfolio presentations for interviews with General Contractors. The presentations led to the immediate generation of bidding opportunities.
• Refined bid search alerts to generate more effective results and coordinated response efforts.
Arizona Democratic Party
Field Organizer, 2003 - 2012
Canvassed door to door to register voters, persuade and get out the vote. Consulted on multiple campaigns with an expertise on environmental and urban design issues.
• Field Canvasser for Lilia Alvarez for Maricopa County Supervisor in 2012.
• Field Canvasser for Ruben Gallego for LD 27 in 2012.
• Judge for random hand count of the 2012 State of Arizona Presidential Preference Election.
• Field Canvasser for Arizona Democratic Party Voter Registration Drive and 2010 GOTV.
• Field Organizer for the Arizona Democratic Party in 2004, recruiting over 300 PCs.
United States Census Bureau
NRFU Enumerator, 2010 - 2010
Located listed addresses in an Assignment Area, conducting interviews to determine their status on Census Day.
Jacobs Engineering Group
Architectural Job Captain, 2007 - 2009
Managed a small team of Architectural Drafters in the design and construction of retail projects.
Conducted facility conditions assessments to determine maintenance and renovation schedules for the US Air Force in Texas and South Carolina. non-registered graduate with 6-8 years of experience, responsible for daily design or technical development of projects.
• Trained staff in physical condition surveys, receiving commendations from clients.
• Modified retail roll out prototype designs to meet local building codes and design review comments.
Project Manager II, 2005 - 2007
Managed the design and construction process for turnkey commercial, warehouse and retail projects. Coordinated designs with consultants to meet client’s needs. Cawley is the primary design firm for a design-build contractor. In smaller architectural firms, the architectural designers tend to remain involved with the project right through completion, and actually take an active role in documentation and management, sometimes to the point of supervising construction. Non-registered graduate with more than 10 years of experience; has overall project management responsibility for a variety of projects or project teams, including client contact, scheduling, and budgeting.
• Attended jurisdictional staff and public meetings for the client, to ensure compliance with city
requirements and resolution of public issues.
• Master planned several multi-building complexes, creating a coherent and comprehensive sense of place.
• Managed the firm's only 5 story steel structure, designed to maximize the leasable Class A office space and structural efficiency.
America Coming Together
Field Canvasser, 2004 - 2004
Canvassed targeted voters to conduct interviews, document results, and get out the vote.
Dean for America
Deputy Campaign Director, 2003 - 2004
Coordinated field canvas, phone banks, fundraisers, and campaign eventsl. Recruited, trained and managed volunteers to become Precinct Committeemen. Volunteered for the Southern Arizona Coordination Committee prior to joining the staff. Represented the campaign at Political events in Southern Arizona.
• Arranged transportation to campaign events and for the Southwestern Voter Express.
• Designed voter specific campaign literature for field canvas.
• Organized the largest political rally in Pima County (5,000 est).
Rob Paulus Architect
Architectural Designer I, 2003 - 2003
Developed construction documents for residential, commercial and urban redevelopment projects. Designed mechanical and electrical layouts. Guided projects through the city submittal process. Documented, site surveyed and field assessed historic properties to convert them from industrial use to multi-family loft homes. non-registered graduate with 3-5 years of experience; responsible for particular parts of a project within parameters set by others.
Watkins Hamilton Ross Architects
Architect In Training, 2000 - 2002
Programmed, space planned, designed and administered contracts for science and research facilities for universities in Texas. Unlicensed architecture school graduate in third year of internship; develops design or technical solutions under supervision of an architect.
• Coordinated documents for a 170,000 sf science and research laboratory at the University of Texas.
• Resolved a dimensional issue for a laboratory tenant improvement.
• Developed a mentoring program involving site visits, travelogues and exhibition tours.
The Mathes Group
Architectural Intern II, 1999 - 2000
Developed space plans and construction documents for telecommunications facilities, academic building and corporate tenant improvements. Now Mathes Brierre Architects. Applied the science of architecture and the technology of building construction. Unlicensed architecture school graduate in second year of internship.
• Managed the Bellsouth collocation program, of nearly 500 projects, reducing response time from 3 weeks to 1 day, by improving communications and the quality of our documents.
• Documented important projects from the firm's extensive portfolio to design project winning marketing materials.
• Designed a 3-D CAD model to base marker rendering perspectives for a competition.
Olde New Orleans Design Group, Inc.
Residential Designer, 1998 - 1999
Designed single family, "Southern Style," custom homes. Developed electrical and framing diagrams. Adapted designs for on-line home plan sales. Maintained CAD Library. Researched rigid steel frame construction and designed the firm’s first steel framed home. Managed the process from conception through to completion.
Architectural Intern I, 1996 - 1998
Developed space plans and construction documents for school, religious, research, hospitality, and corporate tenant improvement projects. Developed material and finish boards, color pencil renderings, and preliminary CAD models for design development. Provided building design services and solutions. Unlicensed architecture school graduate in first year of internship.
• Created a continuing education and mentoring program involving architectural tours, lectures, and discussions around PBS videos .
• Established CAD standards as organization switched from AES to AutoCAD R13.
• Identified and photographed key sustainable design elements for a Grant report.
Architectural Drafter I, 1996 - 1996
Drafted preliminary designs for a residence in Maine. Published in Adrian Luchini by Rockport.
Washington University in St Louis
College Work Study, 1992 - 1996
• Office Assistant, School of Fine Arts, 1992 - 1995
Filed and maintained confidential donor, alumni, staff and students records. Developed a process to review the school's archives for preservation or destruction.
• Shop Monitor, School of Architecture, 1994 - 1996
Instructed students in the proper use of shop tools. Inventoried, cleaned and maintained shop equipment and studio furniture. Designed, fabricated and refurbished: computer workstations, steel table stands, conference tables and lecture hall seating.
• Draftsman, Earth & Planetary Sciences Library, 1996
Documented existing conditions of the Earth & Planetary Sciences Library.
• Graphic Artist, Presidential Debate Commission, 1996
Drafted maps of the Athletic Complex for participants. The debate did not occur.
Franklin Associates Architects
Summer Architectural Intern, 1993 - 1993
Constructed models, documented existing conditions and manually drafted drawings. Designed residential additions and a community clubhouse. Field Surveyed facilities at Erlanger Medical Center to meet the 1991 ADA requirements.
Temporary Laborer, 1992 - 1992
Maintained landscape, cleaned a hazardous material spill and performed inventory logistics.
Desktop Publisher, 1996 - 1996
Desktop published Projecting Detroit final Thesis exhibits for two Assistant Professors and for publication in the architectural journal Assemblage.
Tiny Prints Production Designer, 2013 - 2013
Design and Quality Assurance Reviewer of personalized stationary for online orders. Used Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to correct and customize customer's orders. Called on customers to assist them in the development of their cards.