1) Quit smoking and lower your risk of cancer, stroke, and heart failure.
2) Keep active. Do something to keep fit each day!
3) Eat well; Many diseases can be prevented or controlled with a healthy diet.
4) Maintain a healthy weight and lower your risk of many diseases.
5) Prevent falls by keeping paths clear, using night-lights, and wearing shoes for stability.
6) Stay up-to-date on immunizations and other health screenings.
7) Prevent skin cancer - stay in the shade or wear protective clothing; skin becomes thinner and more sensitive as we age.
8) Get regular dental, vision and hearing checkups.
9) Manage stress. Make time for friends and fun, and learn the powerful role of positive thinking.
10) Try a senior yoga, pilates, or other fitness class!
Comment with your favorite healthy habit!
- What is the staff to resident ratio?
- Ask to see the latest inspection report and statement of purpose.
- What kind of training procedures are in place for the staff?
- Can you see a copy of the activities program?
- Are pets allowed to visit or live in the community?
- Can residents bring their own furniture into the home?
- How flexible are mealtimes?
- Are there organized trips that provide an opportunity to leave?
- Can family and friends visit at times that work for them?
- What makes your community unique from others?
- Why should I choose to live at your community?
+1 if you found these questions useful!
Indulge the Senses with Resort-Style Living Every Day
With its deep-set arch-top windows and doorways, wrought iron balconies, and clay tile roofs, Maravilla's traditional Santa Barbara-style architecture is reminiscent of a Spanish retreat. Where dramatic stands of mature eucalyptus combine with artful landscaping to create a stunningly beautiful campus filled with a wealth of amenities and activities.
Enjoy the spa and heated pool. Unwind with a massage or exercise in the fitness center. Join friends for bridge or head into Santa Barbara for a day of shopping, museums, and restaurants. Relax in your own elegant home appointed with conveniences such as a full kitchen, washer-dryer, and individual climate controls. Housekeeping, laundry, and delectable meals at the Monarch Grille restaurant, open 12-hours daily, make for a truly carefree lifestyle. This is what Santa Barbara senior living is all about.
- Heated Swimming Pool & Spa
- Massage Room
- Fitness Center
- Billiards/Game Room
- Card Room
- Internet Lounge
- On-site Banking
- Barber and Beauty Salon
- Movie Theatre
- On-site Store