~ Bill Gates ~ This should be posted in every school or kid’s bedroom. Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this!
Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about Eleven (11) things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.
Rule 1: Life is not fair – get used to it!
Rule 2: The world doesn‘t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.
Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won’t be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.
Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss
Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping:
They called it opportunity.
Rule 6: If you mess up, it’s not your parents’ fault, So don’t whine about your mistakes, learn from them.
Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room. Keep yourself clean.
Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they’ll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. *This doesn‘t bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.
Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. *Do that on your own time.
Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one…
If you can read this…. Thank a Teacher. If you can read this in English…. Thank a Soldier! And for life and everything else you have…. Thank Your Parents!!
- QuarticsLead Staff Engineer, 2010 - 2010
- Hughes SystiquePrincipal Engineer, 2007 - 2009
- Sasken CommunicationsSoftware Engineer, 2004 - 2007
- Sindhara SuperMedia, Inc.Software Design Engineer, 2003 - 2004
- Selectica, Inc.Software Engineer (Professional Services), 2000 - 2000
- Indieon TechnologiesLead - Sales and Marketing, 2013 - 2015
- Oracle CorporationSales Manager (Cloud), 2015 - present
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher StudiesMasters in Business Administration, 2011 - present
- Utah State UniversityElectrical Engineering, 2000 - 2002
- University of MumbaiElectronics and Telecommunications Engineering, 1995 - 1999
- Bhavan's CollegeHigher Secondary Certificate, 1993 - 1995
- St. Francis D' Assisi High SchoolSenior Secondary Certificate, 1981 - 1993
Dum Laga Ke Haisha, a Sign of the Bollywood That Could be - NDTV Movies
Dum Laga Ke Haisha stars a vernacular-accented Ayushmann as Prem, who is married to a plus-sized Sandhya, played by debutante Bhumi Pednekar
TechRadar: Top 20 best tablet PC iPad alternatives
Looking for a tablet PC that's not an iPad? Then try one of these…
Washington Post stands its ground, says no apology for PM article - Hind...
The Washington Post on Wednesday said that no apology has been offered for an article written by the India bureau chief which called Manmoha
Free Term Papers, Research Papers, Essays, Book Reports | OPPapers.com
Download over 250,000 free essays, term papers, and research papers. Millions of students from 200+ countries use us to help them with their