Can anyone share any tips on how to make Dalvik code more readable?
I built an app for Android a few months ago to allow people to photograph documentation that they need to submit to our firm and to upload it to us. I was able to get the app built and finally deployed, but I have found the actual code to be a bit unwieldy for my tastes. I have been programming for 35 years and started with Z80 assembly language. I think it is important to have code that performs the desired function and is optimized for a devices resources, but I also think it is important for code to be easily readable. I find that creating inline callbacks defined in an objects method really starts to obfuscate code to the level of a BASIC "GOTO" command.
I'm not trying to be negative on Android and Dalvik. I preferred writing in Dalvik to the iOS objective-C, but I just like things to be easier to read.