Marshall Medical Center is an independent and non-profit community healthcare provider located in the Sierra Foothills between Sacramento and South Lake Tahoe, near Highway 50. Marshall Medical includes a fully-accredited acute care hospital as well as comprehensive physician and outpatient services throughout the West Slope of El Dorado County.
In the late 1950's a group of local citizens saw a great need for improved healthcare services in El Dorado County. The citizens formed a committee to petition the state of California for a nonprofit charter under which a hospital could be built and operated. As a result of this, plans were drawn, funds were solicited, Michigan California lumber company donated land for a hospital site, and Marshall Hospital opened its doors in 1959. A group of dedicated employees worked hard to make the original 30 bed hospital a success.
Marshall Medical Center derives its name from the pioneer James Marshall, who discovered gold at Sutter’s Mill a few miles north of Placerville.
Marshall Medical Center includes Marshall Hospital, a fully accredited acute care facility with 113 beds located in Placerville; several outpatient facilities in Cameron Park, Placerville, El Dorado Hills and Georgetown; a group of primary and specialty care physicians known as the Marshall Physician Clinic Services, including internal and family medicine, OB/GYN, cardiology and rheumatology; and many community health and education programs. Marshall has over 190 affiliated physicians and a team of over 1200 employees providing quality healthcare services to more than 150,000 residents of El Dorado County.
Marshall Medical Center proudly serves the Western slope of El Dorado County. Our mission is to promote health improvement and provide health services of extraordinary value and quality to our community.