The more advanced statistical analysis which are part of SNA like blockmodelling and categorical data-analysis as well techniques from predictive modelling can be helpful when you want the more handcrafted PLN.
SNA is a container term behind which lie a great many techniques. Just the simple models which can be used to select a specific part of the full dataset can be very helpful.
- NetclientenResearcher, 2012 - presentResearch and development. Development of learning network. Development of 2 educational training programme at university/tertiary professional level about (1) social entrepreneurship and (2) methodology and statistics. Educational technology research and development, research and development in regard to testing,& assessment (CAT, CBT etcetera) and measurement instruments, development of recommender system, research into AI, machine learning, datamining. Development of elearning courses about methodology and statistics about, social entrepreneurship and educational science/teaching as well as development of professional knowledge of experts by experience.
- BIFIEConsultant/workshop, 2013 - presentWorkshop about DDI, XML, and digital libraries of statistical files. Consultancy about these subjects.
- Wolters-NoordhoffEnglishTranslator, 2013 - presentTranslation of two books about methodology and statistics in English.
- AnoiksisResearcher, 2010Research into matters related to psychiatry in regard to subjects like methodological and statistical issues pertaining to DSM and stigma.
- Secondary educationEnglish/Dutch as a 2nd language teacher, 1994 - 1998Teaching English and Dutch as a second language to pupils at secondary education.
- Secondary educationCoordinator testing and assessment, 1998 - 2003Development and research in regard to testing, assessment. Development of training programme in regard to issues pertaining to assessment and testing. These training programmes were aimed at teachers. Responsible for educational policy pertaining to testing and assessment. Development of educational tests/assessments for Dutch as a second language and English.
- Self-employedTranslator/interpreter English, 1996 - 2003Translating and interpreting English. I specialized in biomedical, legal, technical and economic/financial documents and texts.
- AnoiksisEducational researcher/designer, 2003 - 2012Educational design and research, test development, development of competences, educational technology research and development (like intelligent tutoring systems), research into AI, datamining, CAT, CBT, machine learning, itembanking and (mobile) game development/design.
- IGPBResearcher, 2010 - 2011Research into competences of experts by experience.
- MedialabResearcher/developer, 2003 - 2007Research into and development of (mobile) games & simulations for several target groups. Among others AKZO Nobel, Low literates, Humanitas, University of Amsterdam film and media studies.
I am interested in assessment, statistics, methodology, computer science, educational design, elearning, applied maths, law (especially educational law, intellectual property law, criminal law, comparing legal systems), English (especially philology, old germanics, old norse, old/middle English grammar & literature), governance, organization/management, logic, psychometrics, games/simulations, fuzzy sets, set theory, robotica, AI, machine learning and programming. I greatly enjoy reading up om mathematical statistics & probability theory & measurement theory ,combining testing/assessment, technology, maths and statistics as well as developing and researching measurement instruments.
- Open UniversityM.Sc. Educational science, 2008 - 2012Quality care, educational design, elearning, educational technology, assessment, networked learning and research, instructional psychology
- Open UniversityB.Sc. Computer science, 2008 - 2012Programming, databases, software engineering, artificial intelligence, theoretical computer science, maths, web design, business intelligence. Computer science with a special interest in games, methodology/statistics and theoretical computer science, maths, educational datamining, AI, machine learning, learning analytics, logic.
- Hogeschool Holland/University WolverhamptonBA English literature & language and teacher's degree English, 1990 - 1994Teacher's degree English (Hogeschool Holland) and BA English literature and language (University Wolverhampton).
- Hogeschool Hollandbachelor Translator/interpreter English, 1994 - 1996Linguistic theory, translation and interpreting techniques, English. I also followed a Minor organization and management.
- Vrijgevestigd instituutLegal translations English, 1997 - 1998This training programme focusses on translations of legal texts and interpreting for court.
- Free Univeristy of AmsterdamM .A. English literature and language, 1996 - 1998English literature and language specializing in medieval literature and language. I am most interested in Middle and Old English grammar and philology. I followed extra courses on linguistics, psychology and maths. For psychology it mostly concerned methodology/statistics courses, experimental and organizational psychology. For maths it concerned courses on (linear) algebra, calculus, mathematical modelling, stochastics and other apllied maths topics.
- University of AmsterdamScandinavian language and literature, 1996 - 1998My chosen language was Norwegian. Passed all courses of 1st year of the programme. My specific interests are old norse, old Icelandic, old germanics and runology.
- SIGVCourt interpreter English, 1998 - 2001I was taught subject like translation and interpreting techniques, law, linguistic theory and philosophy.
- Hogeschool van AmsterdamChild developmental studies, 2003 - 2005I was trained to be a pedagogue specializing in children aged 0 - 12. Subjects amongst others were video interaction guidance, developmental psychology, developmental psychopathology, management/organisation, youth/welfare policy, sociology, research methodology were taught.
- University of AmsterdamB.Sc Educational science, 2005 - 2008The focus of the training programme is on educational management, educational policy, curriculum and instruction, evaluation, HRM/HRD, methodology/statistics. During this period I also followed courses about multivariate statistics, test theory (classic and modern), structural equation modelling, meta-analysis, IRT, multilevel analysis, higher education issues, assessment, educational laws, maths computer science, CSCL/CSCW. Minor Psychological methodology (University of Amsterdam). Minor Methods and statistics (University Utrecht). Minor Maths (University of Amsterdam)
- Open UniversityB.Sc. Organizational psychology, 2008 - 2010B.Sc in organizational psychology. I followed courses on psychology pertaining to labour/organisation, personnel and selection, decision-making processes, test theory, leadership, history of science/psychology. I followed extra statistics (IRT, SEM, multilevel analysis, questionnaire design, time series analysis) and management courses (operations management, marketing, micro and macro finance, supply chain management)
- University of AmsterdamM.A. General linguistics, 2006 - 2008Subjects I followed were child language acquistion and development, phonetics, phonology, second language learning, psychology of language, morphology and syntaxis, semantics, sociolinguistics, speech development/pathology, theoretical linguistics, language and speech processing, linguistic research methods.
- University of AmsterdamB.Sc Psychological methodology, 2010 - 2011This educational programme deals with issues pertaining to measurement and research methodology in social science. It focussed on statistics, methodology, philosophy of science, maths, programming and logic. The subjects I followed were the following: LISREL, Advanced LISREL, Calculus, Causality, Fundamentals of methodology, Maths and programming (R), Latent variable models, Controversies in methodology, Testconstruction, Mathematical statistics, Applied discrete multivariate statistics , Applied continuous multivariate statistics, Decision theory, Measurement invariance, Literature research on methodological issues.
- University of AmsterdamMinor Econometrics, 2008 - 2010Subjects I followed were: econometrics, probability theory, advanced regression analysis, loglinear models, markov chains, programming, maths, mathematical statistics, time-series analysis, MCMC, multivariate analysis of nominal and ordinal data, logit and probit models, R.
- Vrije UniversiteitLL.M. ,Law, 1998 - 2001Law degree. I followed courses about all different disciplines within law like criminal, environmental law etcetera as well criminology, law psychology, philosophy of law, research methods.
- Vrije UniversiteitB.Sc Psychology, 1& 2nd yr, 1994 - 1996I passed all the courses from the 1st year and half of the courses from the second year. In the second I followed extra courses on methodology and statistics.