- Cannes Lions International Festival of CreativityDean, 2016 - presentIn 2015, 2 out of 3 Lion winning campaigns relied on social media. Social media continues to be the star of storytelling and one of the most effective ways of connecting brands to consumers. With social media firmly at the heart of the branded communications, this new Diploma, awarded at the end of a five-day Academy, focuses on creative content and applications that drive deeper engagement. It will combine inspiration and insights from industry experts and in-depth case studies of the most up-to-date Lions winners with practical skills to help manage workflow from research through to planning, ideating, execution and measurement. https://www.canneslions.com/school/diplomas/social_media/
- DR4WARD.comPresident, 1993 - presentCurated Learning Resources on Strategic Communication, Digital, Social Media, Mobile, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Startups, Innovation, Creativity http://www.dr4ward.com/
- HootsuiteAdvisory Board Member, 2015 - presentAdvisory board of top social media thought leaders, to ensure the most relevant curriculum for today's social media professionals. https://hootsuite.com/social-media-education From the people behind the world’s most trusted social media management platform comes the most authoritative and comprehensive suite of social media education offerings. Developed by industry leaders and the pioneers at Hootsuite, with support from a team of external advisors, our programs feature up-to-date, balanced, and relevant resources that reflect real-world industry needs. We help people develop marketable social media skills that you can apply to your own business, or in your role as a social media professional. https://hootsuite.com/podium#about
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse UniversitySocial Media Professor, 2011 - presentCreator and Professor for Newhouse Hootsuite Advanced Social Media Strategy Certificate #ASMSCert https://newhouse.hootsuite.com/ Here are a few of the innovations at the Newhouse School at Syracuse University that I am proud to have been a part of: - Global Leaders In Digital and Social Media Speaker Series. Featuring industry thought leaders with social, events regularly trended nationally on Twitter - SU International Digital and Social Media Study Abroad Program at Cannes Lions. First course of its kind to study international social media - Hootsuite Higher Education program. Piloted first integration of professional social media certification in higher education classes, now used in over 546 higher ed classrooms - SU one of 9 universities globally to participate in LinkedIn College Pilot program. - Advanced Social Media Strategy Certification program, in partnership with Hootsuite. First online industry-focused social training program with industry and academic collaboration - Pioneered using Google Glass in class. First class using wearable tech for learning about entrepreneurship and social media - Keynote speaker leading discussions with thousands on how to bridge the digital and social skills gap and transform organizations and education SXSW, Tedx, SXSWedu, PRSSA, etc. - First Experiments Engaging in Chinese Social Media - Best Practice in China's Social Media
- HootsuiteDirector, Education Strategy, 2014 - 2015Helping Hootsuite revolutionize communications via social and transform messages into meaningful relationships by developing and delivering world-class education and training to help individuals and organizations integrate digital and social successfully at scale with the right mind-set, skill set, and tool set.
Dr. William J. Ward is a recognized authority on digital and social media, quoted in prestigious venues like The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Inc., Forbes, Fortune, CNN, and The Huffington Post. He is a pioneer in using online learning technologies for professional development and has helped organizations from a wide range of industries integrate new media and digital technologies into their business and communication strategies. Dr. Ward is the Dean of the Cannes Lions Social Media Creative Diploma at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity #CannesLions. He also teaches Social Media at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University for the Advanced Social Media Strategy Certificate #ASMSCert, an industry recognized credential he helped create. In his role as Hootsuite's Director of Educational Strategy, Dr. Ward provided expert guidance during Hootsuite's rapid expansion into the educational space and he now serves on the Hootsuite Board. Better know by his handle, @DR4WARD, Ward is ranked by Social Media Marketing Magazine as one of the Top Marketing Professors on Twitter, and is regularly called upon to speak at Social Media Week, TEDX, and SXSW Interactive Conferences.
- Michigan State University
- University of Michigan
- Grand Valley State University
- Grand Rapids Community College