- HootsuiteAdvisory Board Member, 2015 - presentAdvisory board of top social media thought leaders, to ensure the most relevant curriculum for today's social media professionals. https://hootsuite.com/social-media-education From the people behind the world’s most trusted social media management platform comes the most authoritative and comprehensive suite of social media education offerings. Developed by industry leaders and the pioneers at Hootsuite, with support from a team of external advisors, our programs feature up-to-date, balanced, and relevant resources that reflect real-world industry needs. We help people develop marketable social media skills that you can apply to your own business, or in your role as a social media professional.
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse UniversitySocial Media Professor, 2011 - presentCreator and Professor for Newhouse Hootsuite Advanced Social Media Strategy Certificate #ASMSCert Here are a few of the innovations at the Newhouse School at Syracuse University that I am proud to have been a part of: - Global Leaders In Digital and Social Media Speaker Series. Featuring industry thought leaders with social, events regularly trended nationally on Twitter - SU International Digital and Social Media Study Abroad Program at Cannes Lions. First course of its kind to study international social media - Hootsuite Higher Education program. Piloted first integration of professional social media certification in higher education classes, now used in over 546 higher ed classrooms - SU one of 9 universities globally to participate in LinkedIn College Pilot program. - Advanced Social Media Strategy Certification program, in partnership with Hootsuite. First online industry-focused social training program with industry and academic collaboration - Pioneered using Google Glass in class. First class using wearable tech for learning about entrepreneurship and social media - Keynote speaker leading discussions with thousands on how to bridge the digital and social skills gap and transform organizations and education SXSW, Tedx, SXSWedu, PRSSA, etc. - First Experiments Engaging in Chinese Social Media - Best Practice in China's Social Media
- DR4WARD.comPresident, 1993 - 2015
- HootsuiteDirector, Education Strategy, 2014 - 2015
Dr. William J. Ward is a recognized authority on digital and social media, quoted in prestigious venues like The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Inc., Forbes, Fortune, CNN, and The Huffington Post. He is a pioneer in using online learning technologies for professional development and has helped organizations from a wide range of industries integrate new media and digital technologies into their business and communication strategies. Dr. Ward teaches Social Media at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University for the Advanced Social Media Strategy Certificate #ASMSCert, an industry recognized credential he helped create. In his role as Hootsuite's Director of Educational Strategy, Dr. Ward provided expert guidance during Hootsuite's rapid expansion into the educational space and he now serves on the Hootsuite Advisory Board. Better know by his handle, @DR4WARD, Ward is ranked by Social Media Marketing Magazine as one of the Top Marketing Professors on Twitter, and is regularly called upon to speak at Social Media Week, TEDX, and SXSW Interactive Conferences.
- Michigan State University
- University of Michigan
- Grand Valley State University
- Grand Rapids Community College