Do you wish you never had to #shovelsnow
are a growing trend.
Some of the advantages & disadvantages:
• Convenience – once the drive is installed, it’s just the flip of a switch to turn it on!
• Safety – with a heated drive you’ll avoid slips and falls on any ice built up after the storm.
• Vehicle Expense – you may notice a reduction in salt-related damages to the under-carriage of vehicles.
• Time – no more time spent digging your vehicles out should you arrive home before the snow plow service arrives.
• Resale – you’re home’s value will increase considerably should you decide to list it on the market.
• Installation – most systems require your existing drive to be replaced entirely and redone from the start in order to set the system near the surface.
• Maintenance – if the systems coils require replacement, you’ll also be looking at the expense of tearing up your drive and starting from scratch once again.
• Expense – You’ll pay for the destruction of your current drive, the installation of the heating element and the new driveway. Depending on the size of your drive – the expenses will increase.