I spent the day working with Alan Bahr on the engine for the Schlock Mercenary RPG. I bet you now have questions. Here are some enumerated notes:
1) It's definitely going to happen in some way, shape, or form.
2) We're not licensing somebody else's engine. Alan is putting all the meat on a mechanic I dreamed up.
3) We have not picked a release date, but we know the date is no earlier than mid-2015. Why?
4) Because we want this to be awesome, and that means art, writing, and buckets of playtesting. These things take time.
5) No, we are not ready for play-testers.
6) I'll be doing writing and cartoony-art for the source book. We'll have other artists do top-shelf RPG art.
7) We'll be building a website for this. Expect a FAQ, a game developer blog, and teasers. This is where requests to play-test should be lodged. The site should be live by early 2014.