Response from the owner - 2 years ago
I first would like to apologize again on behalf of the Hotel for your experience during your stay. I do hope our in person response helped reduce your frustration.
Bed Bugs are brought into Hotels from traveling Guests. They can be in suit cases on clothing etc. It is impossible for Hotels to combat this situation on the front end and we can only respond if housekeeping or a guest discovers them. Once this happens we have a protocol that is set that we follow.
- We immediately take the room out of inventory and call a professional service in to evaluate the situation.
- We have such a service on retainer at all times. If they determine that the room does actually have bed bugs we follow several steps.
- We destroy the mattress, pillows, blankets and sheets in that room.
- The Service treats the room in its entirety.
- We leave the room out of inventory for three days.
- We also treat the rooms to each side of the infected room, the room above and the room below.
- Once completed the Service does a complete check of all rooms ensuring we do not still have an.
- At which time we bring in a new mattress, pillows etc. and then after everything is completed we open the room back up.
Bed bugs have become an ongoing problem in American hotels with more and more travel. I can assure you our protocol for dealing with a discovery is top notch.
Erich L. Smith