I’ll be joining host and National Chairman of the Modern Whig Party, Andrew Evans, and James Egnor-Keil, Executive Director of the Modern Whig Party to discuss sequestration, education, the TSA, and drone policy on American soil.
Listen “Live” at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/modernwhigpartyradio/2013/03/08/current-events-real-solutions
The debate was moderated by L Dean Latham, host of The Balanced Approach. It was open to all candidates, and Andre Barnett (the Reform Party) and independent candidate, Stephen Rollins, joined me in the debate.
A prior debate that featured Rocky Anderson (the Justice Party), the founder of the Green Party (on behalf of Jill Stein), and me is also available in our Discussion Library (10/17/2012).
Join me on Modern Whig Party Radio
The phone lines will be open for your comments and questions: (718) 664-9459
We'll talk about yesterday's post, which drew such a large response, as well as the Presidential Debates (traditional and third party), and anything else that's on your mind.
Then, vote responsibly on November 6th.
I am a citizen running for the Office of President ... reporting to the People rather than a Party
- I will not be constrained by a Party platform that inhibits me from considering every reasonable alternative
- I will not have to waste time fund-raising for a Party
- I will not have to waste time campaigning for any other candidates, who should be able stand on their own
- I will not have to provide White House “access” or make political appointments to repay Party favors ... decisions that should be based on merit
I will run a campaign that is insulated from the influence of money
- I will not accept money from corporations, unions or other special interest groups either directly or indirectly through PACs or other Campaign Committees
- I do not need a law to tell me that entities that do not have the right to vote should not have the right to influence the political process
- I will only accept campaign contributions from eligible voters
- I will cap individual contributions at $100 to offer a level of participation that anyone can afford and to eliminate any opportunity to exert undue influence
- I will run a fiscally responsible campaign because the Presidency should not be for sale
- I will donate any residual balance of campaign funds to the following charities:
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to help children who suffer from catastrophic illness
- The Dreyfuss Initiative to help revive, elevate and enhance the teaching of civics in the United States, and
- Wounded Warriors Project to honor and empower those who have sacrificed so much on our behalf
I will be a FULL-TIME President ... serving the People for four full years
- I will treat the office with respect rather than as an opportunity for personal or political gain
- I will make a four-year commitment to WORK because turnarounds take time and our Nation is worth it
- I will not waste time traveling if I can leverage communication technologies instead
- I will not waste time making speeches, fund-raising or campaigning for others because I have no Party obligations
- I will not waste time and money running for reelection ... because that's not part of the Oath of Office
- I will have established a four-year record upon which you can decide whether I merit an additional term
I will provide a new kind of leadership
- I will enter the Office of President of the United States knowing the challenges and accepting the responsibility
- I will focus on fixing the problems rather than fixing the blame
- I will honor the Oath of Office in which I will swear to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution”
- I will help define our Nation’s problems, identify their cause, evaluate the alternatives, and execute the best solutions
- ... and I will not wait until my Inauguration at noon on January 20th, 2013, to begin to have an impact
VISIT: http://TJOHARA.com to learn more
Facebook - www.facebook.com/ohara2012
Twitter - @tjohara2012
- University of CincinnatiBACHELOR OF SCIENCE, Industrial Management, 1975
- University of CincinnatiJURIS DOCTORATE, 1978