Wow, i was actually surprised at some of these. More to the point, i was surprised some of these people went into acting/porn/modelling/whatever despite being so well educated and smart.
11 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 22 previous comments
- Danica McKellar - Degree in Mathematics & an Erdos number of 4!
Hedy Lamarr - Patent on Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum.
Nagesh Kukunoor - Indian filmmaker with a degree in Chemical Engineering (these celebs do favor chemistry don't they)Apr 23, 2012
- Well, IQ doesn't define what makes you tick.Apr 24, 2012
- i think that has been said before, and nobody was defined by IQApr 24, 2012
- Just looked up Erdos number. Hilarious!Apr 24, 2012
- As far as the Chemistry/Chem Eng. goes, it's a highly spatial field of study, a very strong trait in creativity and artistic fields as well.
Dudley Moore - Composer/Pianist
Martin Mull - MFA-Painting
Dennis Hopper - PainterApr 26, 2012
- One of my favs is Hedy Lamarr, a famously beautiful actress who invented (co-invented with a composer, actually) several early techniques in wireless communication (spread spectrum and frequency hopping) that are critical to WiFi and cell phones even today.
If you're a gamer you might recognize the name from a tribute in a certain Valve title. :-)
While a couple specific ones were surprising, it doesn't surprise me in principle to find really smart folks in all sorts of fields - smart, capable people have the luxury of doing whatever they find they love.Apr 26, 2012