I went on a just-shy-of-100km ride today, around the western side of Denver, including riding up Lookout Mountain. Between the top of the Lariat climb and US40, I nearly got run down by five elk. They were in a big hurry to get somewhere, and alas I couldn't get a picture because A: I was busy trying to not hit them or get run over by them and B: elk move fast.
10 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Wow...that's a long ride !May 28, 2012
- More ride than I can do.
You need to snag your self a mini video cam, they are getting very economical even in HD and they can do an SD card on a loop. That way some thing exciting happens you just pull the card and pop in a spare and go on.May 28, 2012
- I'd love to get one of those.and his videos serve as inspiration.May 28, 2012
- That's right. Video or it didn't happen.May 29, 2012
- They were probably late for a meeting at the Elks Lodge.May 29, 2012
- A woman on a bike out on the path which parallels 470 out near Morrison took a photo of a mountain lion resting in a cottonwood tree right next to the path. Too close.May 29, 2012
- If the mountain lion wasn't falling out of the tree, I'm too jaded to care.May 29, 2012
- This route is really twisty. http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Denver-Golden-Lookout is someone's map of it: zoom in on the lefthand section, where the 2000 meter climb over less than 8000 meters of road happens.Aug 17, 2012