A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT I DID AT GOOGLE:
- Born on Dec. 4th,1987 in Arlington. 5th generation Texan
- 26 years old, but always told I look younger. I can dig it!
- Grew up in Burleson, TX until I was 10 years old
- Moved to Palm Coast, FL in 1997 right around the time the Florida fires broke out.
- Moved to St. Augustine, FL shortly after where I attended middle school and high school until I graduated in 2006
- Moved BACK to Texas and started attending Texas State University in Fall 2006, graduating in the Spring 2010 with a Business Administration (B.A.) degree in Marketing
- Moved to Austin, TX in 2010 and now proudly call South Congress Avenue (SoCo) my home. I love this city and all it has to offer
- Started working for Google in 2011 and had an AMAZING job with an AMAZING group of people. It sparked my interest to start my own local online content marketing business in 2013 "AustinZone"
- Currently working for Square, the mobile payment processing company, continuing to help local businesses bridge the gap between their daily in-house responsibilities and the world of tech and online marketing.
I was a Field Marketing Specialist on a special projects team here in Austin that helped small to mid-sized businesses in the area as well as local organizations and not-for-profits. We proudly assisted the community in setting up Google+ Pages, Place/Maps Pages, and other services/products that help Austinites expand their online presence overall with us. Basically, we showed the world how to utilize all the fabulous tools Google provides!
I often post here about Square and Google products and events, but my opinion is my own, not that of the company.
PROJECTS I'M PROUD OF:
The video links below highlight some of the ways local businesses are using Google's tools. We are honored to help and to work with such amazing people.
- Frank is a proud member of the Chrome family, and "they're expanding!"
- Discover Juan in a Million with Google Places.
- Explore Toy Joy from your computer using Google Business Photos. - You can even zoom in on the photographer. Recognize her? :)
- Birds Barbershop rocks Google+ with style and technology that's cutting edge and fun.
- P.Terry's Burger Stand - Austin business owners care about their customers, and Google Talkbin keeps customer loyalty strong.
- You? I'd love to hear about your experience with Google and other online marketing tools.
WHO AM I?
WHAT DO I ENJOY?
- Social media, marketing, and advertising fanatic
- Always up on the latest tech news and gadgets
- Clinically addicted to Twitter & other social media sites.
- HUGE Orlando Magic fan. I watch every game.
- TV/MOVIE Junkie. I love anything with a twist. Mystery, Suspense, and Realty TV shows are my favorite:
- My favorite show is Big Brother.
- RAP FAN. Anything lyrical and with a story:
- My favorite artists are MGK and J. Cole.
- SONGWRITER. I personally have written over 200+ songs.
- GEARSLUT. I own my own professional recording studio.
- Music lover. BIG Hip-Hop Fan. I enjoy performing, going to concerts, trying to own every song known to man, jamming out with the windows down and the system bumping (yup, still a kid at heart)
- I love writing, recording, mixing, mastering, creating, and of course listening. Nothing beats hearing the final product or making something of your own. Love just about all genres. Gotta appreciate it all!
- Traveling and adventure. I love exploring and discovering the next best thing. It's all about putting yourself out there and at least trying everything once!
- Big food fanatic. Not afraid to try something new and different. I enjoy checking out new restaurants.
WHAT DO I WANT TO DO TONIGHT?
- "The same thing I do every night...Try to take over the WORLD!"
- Party hard, work harder, then relax. All about balance.
- Spend a lot of time on the internet reading up on the latest technologies or networking on some random new social media website. (SUCH AS THIS ONE!)
- Out socializing. I can't sit still for too long. I enjoy being out and meeting new people.
- Working out, staying in shape, chilling with my family and friends (My family, friends, and the man upstairs are definitely important to me)
MORE ABOUT ME: (If you care to read that is...)
- My nickname since the 6th grade has and will always be Stix
- I'm Florida Chill, Texas Trill. The best of both worlds. (For those wondering what "Trill" is...it means...True and Real). Why is that my catch phrase? Simply put...I grew up and was raised in both states and that's the word I'd use to describe what each state put into me...I'm the most laidback, chill person you will probably ever meet, but at the same time, I still have an outgoing social nature, never afraid to speak the truth and be real.
- I drive a Beige 1998 Infiniti Qx4 nicknamed "Que" that I am in love with. It's been with me since the beginning (of my driving years)
- My plan is to get some real-world experience, save up some money, and go back to school one day to get my Masters in either Music/Entertainment Business or Internet/Social Media Marketing. Both are my passion.
- I'd like to eventually open up my own music or online business that will find, market, promote, and lawfully protect talent.
I’m SERIOUS when I need to be and out of control CRAZY when I can be. It’s all about getting down to business and still being able to have a good time. It's what I call: The Perfect Balance.
I'm extremely picky. I know what I want and I don't waste playing games. I'm blunt, honest, and straight to the point. I'm not a jealous person, and I don't like jealous people. I am not a cheater, and I will never be a cheater. If you can show me I can trust you, you can expect the same loyalty and trust from me.
I have good eyes and great ears. I’ve always been able to read people pretty fast and know if they’re hiding something or doing something for the wrong reasons. I have an ear that can hear every detail of a song...particularly my own music. I'm detail-oriented and a perfectionist. I never look over anything. Once I start something, I have to finish it.
I'll try new things. I don't have a problem with putting myself out there and being a goofball or dork around people I feel completely comfortable with. I tend to care about people and things more than I probably should, sometimes it's a flaw, but for those who appreciate it and can show the same, I'm glad to have those people as friends...REAL TALK.
I don't let a lot bother me...Life's too short. Do the best you can do, if people hate, let hater's HATE. I hate drama, arguing, and complaining. I'll avoid it as much as I can. It's POINTLESS to fight and carry on over something dumb. Discuss it or do the best you can to fix it yourself...Least that's my state of mind. You can have your opinion, I can have mine. It's all about respect and getting down to business. Get at me and GET YO'SELF ONLINE!