- WTAE-TVMeteorologist, 2011 - presentMeteorologist and Science/Feature Reporter for Channel 4 Action News in Pittsburgh
- WSEE/WICUAM Meteorologist, 2003 - 2011
- One Caribbean WeatherMeteorologist, 2003 - 2011
WTAE Weather Watch 4 Meteorologist Ray Petelin forecasts Pittsburgh weather each Saturday and Sunday evening on WTAE Channel 4 Action News at 6:30pm and 11pm.
Petelin has worked forecasting weather from Parkersburg, W.Va., to Erie, Pa., and is well seasoned with the Pittsburgh region's micro-climates and lake effect snow.
He holds seals of approval from both the American Meteorological Society and the National Weather Association.
Meteorology is the "family business" because his father is also a meteorologist. When Ray is not tracking Pittsburgh's weather, he enjoys spending time with his family, Tae Kwon Do, fishing, hiking, naps and obsessing about the weather.
- University of AkronCommunications, 1995 - 2000
- Mississippi State UniversityBroadcast Meteorology, 2002