This is a cob that hasn't been plastered (I believe)
This is a cob that hasn't been plastered (I believe)
But the video is a great example of what I'm hoping to achieve.
I might vote for Hillary as long as I know she's trying to be a good person.
I think this video explains how she is a good person.
This should be interesting..
A plaster mixture is made to get the white color. It's painting: for clay homes! :D
Here are more interiors (whoa, dat length):
Even though those politicians don't seem to today, the Department of Defense still does.
I'm not saying I know that climate change really is caused by humans.. but I am worried that politicians are lying to the public to get elected -- at the stake of all of humanity D:?!
Now we'll be less likely to reach widespread antibacterial resistance against Triclosan antibacterials in the near future (bacteria will always become resistant to antibacterials. With this ruling, we can easily postpone the time when they become resistant.)
- Cultivate worldwide self-sufficiency
- Gamify society
- Design a public platform for collaborative innovation & research
- The more self-sufficient that people are, the less need and ability there is for people to dominate each other. That's my hypothesis on advancing world peace.
- There isn't any true good or evil, there is only facilitation or impediment of people surviving and thriving.
- Most of life demands reliance on assumptions.
- I prefer to rely on scientifically-validated information --yet, I am weary of the potential for skewed information due to biases, corruption, and extortion.
- Most people have good intentions with what they're doing.
- People almost always fail to recognize that the other side has a point.
- There is no debate without consensus of fact.
- Knowledge of the actualities should always be pursued.
- Impending devastation exhilarates me.
- I love critical, global issues.
- If I can't make a dramatic difference to more than a community, I'm wasting my effort.
- I care about the principal factors that dictate humanity's course.
- I do not bother with changing things through institutions, I take grassroot action.
- Institutions are generally too corrupt and inefficient to bother with.
- I am not interested in most of humanity; though, I do care for every human's quality of life because I believe that every person's life will have an impact on mine.
- I think most people are too near-sighted, unambitious, credulous, self-righteous, and/or psychotic.
- I agree with the motto from the game Assassin's Creed "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." Not everything you're told or think that you know is the absolute truth.
- "If you're going to do something, make it matter." - Hewlett Packard
- Rule 1) Tackle the roots of problems.
- Rule 2) Ensure a lasting solution.
Catalysts for this change:
- Cultivating people's knowledge, innovation, collaboration, and self-sufficiency.
- Creating immersive, real-world games (which, preferably, would benefit society in more ways than just positive emotional states).
- What would you do differently if a loved one was one of them?
- What would you think if your typical way of life suddenly dissolved? (*cough, cough* War, Pandemic, Famine, Theft, Global Financial Crises, Superstorms)
- Save the World Projects (If there are any that fit the style that I work in :3)
- Politics (Only for staying informed; I prefer DIY change.)
- Getting Educated: Web Articles, MOOCs, Television
- Are trying to make a difference.
- See big pictures
- Enjoy thinking
- Have healthy skepticism
I can't live without a sense of fraternity.
- Tech, Local, & World News
- Watching Informative Videos (PBS & YouTube)
- Planning or Organizing Something, or Daydreaming about doing it.
- Playing Videogames
- Listening to Music
- Sulking over Friends, Money, and Mankind
Oklahoma, US; Arkansas, US.
- TED Conferences OnlineSnippets of Many Disciplines, 2011 - presentWatched over 250 talks
- MOOCsMany Disciplines, 2012 - present[March 2013] Global Sustainable Energy: Past, Present and Future, University of Florida • A Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behavior, Duke University (Psychology+Economics) • Leading Strategic Innovation in Organizations, Vanderbilt University • [May 2013] Introduction to Psychology, University of Toronto (Also: Spring 2007: Yale University, Introduction to Psychology) • [August 2013] Social Psychology, Wesleyan University • Gamification, University of Pennsylvania (A new field of study. A kind of hybrid between positive psychology & game mechanics for achieving organizational goals) • [January 2014] Moralities of Everyday Life, Yale University
- PBSOverviews of Many Disciplines, presentDozens of NOVA, Nature, Frontline, and NewsHour programs.
- Informational WebsitesInterdisciplinary, 2012 - presentMIT Technology Review, Scientific American, Smithsonian, Phys.org, ExtremeTech, Gizmag, CleanTechnica, Next Big Future, Fast Company, The Verge, CNET, TechCrunch, GOOD, Mashable, xkcd
- BooksDifferent Disciplines, 2012 - presentThe Infinite Resource by Ramez Naam (Economics + Sustainability), A Mind of Its Own by Cordelia Fine (Psychology), Don't Be Such a Scientist by Randy Olson (Science, Public Relations)
- YouTubeSnippets of Many Disciplines, 2012 - presentASAP Science, Vsauce
- CodecademyProgramming, 2014 - 2015Basics of: HTML, CSS, jQuery
- Documentaries2014Food Inc., Bully, Inequality for All, Tiny: A Story About Living Small, Poor Kids, Pump
- LabSim TestOutInformation Technology, 2011 - 2012CompTia A+ and Network+ training (but did not take certification exams)
Ecocapsule promises independent off-grid micro-living
Bratislava's Nice Architects has revealed some renders and preliminary details concerning its Ecocapsule project: a micro-shelter that opera
5 Statistics That Are Eerily Good Judges of Character | Cracked.com
Not only do we already have computer programs that can peer into your very soul, a lot of them are being used on you right now.
CDC Urges Measles Vaccinations as Number of Cases Exceeds 100 – The Vacc...
Director Dr. Thomas Frieden blamed a lack of vaccinations for the resurgence of a disease that the CDC said was eliminated in the U.S. in 20
S.&P. to Pay $1.38 Billion for Once Rave Ratings of Toxic Mortgages ...
The ratings giant's agreement with the Justice Department settles allegations that it knowingly understated the risk behind many of the fina
FRONTLINE’s Most Impactful Moments of 2014 – Inside FRONTLINE - FRONTLINE
This year, FRONTLINE films led to an investigation of Nigerian atrocities, helped lead to a law to protect immigrant women from rape, and we
Designing Games: A Guide to Engineering Experiences - Tynan Sylvester - ...
books.google.com - Ready to give your design skills a real boost? This eye-opening book helps you explore the design structure behind most o
Help Your Kids with Science: A Unique Step-by-step Visual Guide - DK Pub...
books.google.com - Following the success of Help Your Kids with Math, Help Your Kids with Science is a comprehensive and stress-free approac