For a while now as you'll have probably noticed, Google have been sharing your +1s with people in your circles. Brilliant idea if everyone was into the same shit but since we're not, it has added whole slew of crap to our feeds from people we don't even have that slight allowance of 'familiarity forgiveness' for.
If you haven't already, you might want to switch off +1 sharing. (And if you don't, I'm on the verge of kicking your ass to the curb... just saying, like). Here's how...
* Hover your cursor over the top-left of the screen to open the Google+ main navigation.
* Select 'Settings'.
* Scroll down to the Apps and activities section and click 'Manage apps and activities'.
* Select the 'Google' tab at the top.
* Click 'edit' located under 'Visible to'.
* Choose a circle from the drop-down or click 'Custom' to include many circles and/or individual people. If you don't want anyone to see your activity updates, click 'Only you'.
* When you've finished, click 'Save'.
That's all it takes to stop sharing every random shitty post you encounter (apart from not pity +1'ing every god-damn thing you come across, of course).