No CGI, 100% captured on camera.
The crown on three years of observations by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory is this extraordinary video. To quote Nasa:
These images are more than just pretty. By highlighting different wavelengths of light, scientists can track how material on the sun moves. Such movement, in turn, holds clues as to what causes these giant explosions.
It´s a giant fusion engine that drives the solar system, fueling live on earth as well as being the most dangerous thing around capable of forces beyond our imagination.
This video shows you how impressive that nice warm sun really is
- minMOGFounder & CEO, 2012 - present
- greghammond.comInteractive Producer, Designer & Artist, 1994 - 2012
- RidemakerzDirector, Interactive, 2008 - 2009
- Build-A-Bear WorkshopDirector of Interactive Services, 2007 - 2008
- TrendmastersManager, Computer Graphics, 2000 - 2001
- Real SportsDirector of Development, 1999 - 2000
- SimutronicsArt Director, 1997 - 1999
- Hammond & LeylandGame Designer, 1991 - 1994
- LucasArts EntertainmentProducer, 1989 - 1991
- Broderbund SoftwareProduct Manager, 1987 - 1989
- Data Trek, Inc.Creative Director, 1983 - 1987
I've been designing, producing, writing, and creating graphics and animation for games since 1981. Back in 1983, when there were only 6 colors (and nobody complained), my brother Eric and I made our mark with "Julius Erving and Larry Bird Go One-on-One," a game that helped to launch the early success of Electronic Arts.
Over the past 3 decades, I have been involved in the development of more than 35 interactive projects, including games, educational titles, virtual worlds and mobile apps. While working at Lucasfilm Games / LucasArts Entertainment (1989-1991), I produced several landmark games, including “The Secret of Monkey Island,” “Loom” and “Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.”
In 2007 I directed the development and launch of Build-A-Bearville, a kids’ virtual world for Build-A-Bear Workshop. In late 2008, I was tapped to direct the launch of another kids’ virtual world, the RIDEMAKERZ Virtual Experience.
Now, as CEO & Founder of minMOG, a new game studio here in St. Louis, I am working on an exciting, original mobile project: a hybrid of casual, social and MMO gaming with numerous ground-breaking features.
Please contact me if you wish to know more about minMOG.
- MiraCosta College
- Principia College
- Vista High School