It's long but worthy... Thanks Vets!
* Applebees - All veterans and active duty military eat free from a limited seven item menu at Applebee's on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, 2011.
* Chili's - Veterans and active duty dine for free from a special limited six item menu on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, 2011 during business hours at participating Chili's. Proof of valid military ID required.
* Golden Corral - Golden Corral Restaurants' Military Appreciation Monday free dinner will be available on Nov. 14, 2011 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Military retirees, veterans, active duty, National Guard and Reserves are all welcome.
* Melting Pot - is hosting a Military Appreciation Week "All American Big Night Out Fondue Feast" (four-course fondue meal consisting of cheese fondue, salad course, all american entree and chocolate fondue at discounted cost of $62 per couple) to members of all military branches, fire, police, FBI, Secret Service and the CIA with a valid ID. $5.00 from each meal will be donated to the Veteran Ticket Foundation.
* Hooters - All Veterans and active duty eat free. Choose one of the new specialty items on the menu on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2011. Offer valid at participating Hooters only; proof of valid military ID necessary. Drink purchase required.
* Krispy Kreme - All active-duty, retirees & veterans get a free doughnut on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, 2011. Be sure to call ahead to verify your local Krispy Kreme is participating.
* 7 Eleven - free small Slurpee on Friday, Nov. 11, 2011 from 11a.m. to 7 p.m. Offer good to all current and former military members. Military ID or proof of service required.
* McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants -Participating McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants offer a complimentary entree (lunch or dinner) on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11th, 2011 to veterans from a special menu on a space available basis, online reservations are highly recommended. Proof of military service required.
* Outback Steakhouse -Veterans and active-duty military get a complimentary Bloomin' Onion and a Coca-Cola beverage during the week leading up to Veteran's Day. Proof of military service required.
* UNO Chicago Grill - UNO is offering a Buy One Get One free offer for a pizza or entree of equal or greater value to Service members or Veterans with a military or veteran I.D. or in uniform or with a photo of themselves in uniform on Veteran's Day, Friday, Nov. 11, 2011.
* Texas Roadhouse - Free meal from opening until 4pm. on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, 2011. Call ahead to your local restaurant for more information as not all restaurants are participating.
* T.G.I. Friday's - Veterans and Service members Buy one get one free from Nov. 11 - 14, 2011. Contact your nearest location for more details on their Veterans Day BOGO offer.
* Subway - Free six inch sub to military veterans on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, 2011. Call your area Subway to inquire as to whether they are participating as some of the franchises are not.
* Famous Dave's (none in NC) - Free or discounted meals on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, 2011. Offer varies by location, please check website for specifics at http://www.famousdaves.com/promo/veterans-day/
* The Dollar General -Veterans, Service members (Active, Guard, and Reserve), and their immediate families will receive a 10-percent discount with a Veterans Day coupon. The coupon may be found in store circular ads or by asking a sales associate.
* Home Depot - Offers a 10 percent discount to all Veterans during Veterans Day, Memorial Day and Independence Day. Maximum discount is up to $200 on maximum purchase of $2,000. Discount is available everyday to Active Duty and Retired Military year-round, but only to Veteran's on special holidays. Proof of honoary service is required.
* Lowe's - All Veteran's receive the 10-percent discount from November 7-14, 2011 and other special holidays. The offer is available in stores only and is limited to in-stock and special-order purchases of up to $5,000. Proof of honorary service is required.
* Sam's Club - Sam's Club is giving away 36,000 collapsible Hugo Canes on Nov. 9-11, 2011 to military veterans in need of mobility assistance. Limited quantities available at each site, while supplies last. Sam's Club does not require membership for this offer, but proof of military service may be necessary.
* Amazon.com - Free ? Veterans Day Honor?MP3 album download. The album includes 12 songs by The Bands and Ensembles of the U.S. Armed Forces.
* Big Lots - offering 10% discount on Friday, Nov. 11th to veterans, active duty military, reserve and retired military personnel and their family members with military ID.
* Cabela's Outdoor Store -Offers their employee discount to all veterans, active-duty military and reserves, law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel November 11-12. Discounts vary from 5% to 50%, depending on the item.
* Build-a-Bear Workshop -Members of the armed services including the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, and Reserve Officer Training Corps, will receive a 20% discount Nov. 11-15, 2011 on any one transaction at Build-A-Bear Workshop.
* Fashion Bug - 20% off all plus-size and misses clothing purchases with a copy of military ID or spouse's military ID on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, 2011.
* Build-A Bear Workshop -20% off from Nov. 11-15, 2011 on any one transaction to all military services with military ID.
* Foot Locker - Veterans, Service members (Active, Guard, and Reserve), and their immediate families with a Foot Locker Veterans Advantage Card receive a 20 percent discount every day of the year. That offer is good both online and at any store location, including Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Footaction and Champs Sports - even on sale items.
Anheuser-Busch Parks. Anheuser-Busch Parks offers Active Duty Service Members free admission for them and up to 3 dependents to any of their parks once a year. Throughout 2011, members of the military and as many as three direct dependents may enter SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place parks with a single-day complimentary admission. The Here's to the Heroes program is only available to Any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman. Eligible parks include: Adventure Island, Busch Gardens (Tampa Bay or Williamsburg), SeaWorld (Orlando, San Diego, or San Antonio), Sesame Place, and Water Country USA. Not valid at Discovery Cove and Aquatica. Christmas Town at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. is not included as part of this program. For more information and to register visit their website at http://www.herosalute.com/
. Enter the state and make your selection(s). Follow instructions on submitting your ticket application.
Colonial Williamsburg Free Admission. Colonial Williamsburg offers free weekend-long admission tickets to active-duty military, reservists, retirees, veterans, and their immediate dependents from Friday, Nov. 11 through Sunday, Nov. 13th. The complimentary ticket incudes admission to Colonial Williamsburg exhibition sites, art museums, and most daytime programs, as well as free parking and use of the shuttle bus system. Tickets are only available at on-site ticket sales locations. Tickets are also available to families of deployed servicemembers. Tickets available on the following dates: 11-13 Nov. 2011. View the offer on their website at http://www
Go to Tickets and Special Offers.
Historic Jamestowne - Free Admission. The National Park Service commemorates Veterans Day with Fee Free days at Historic Jamestowne November 11-13. Free admission for everyone. View their events calendar on their website at http://historicjamestowne.org
Knotts Berry Farm Military Tribute Days - Free Admission. Knott's Berry Farm has an annual Military Tribute event in which they offer military members past and present by offering free park admission. This year the Military Tribute Days run from November 1 - 24 November (Thanksgiving Day) 2011. Veterans or current serving military personnel plus one guest get in FREE with proper ID presented at Knott's turnstile (DD214, Veterans Administration Hospital ID or Active Military Service ID). Purchase up to six additional tickets for just $17 each. Go to their website for more information at http://www.knotts.com/public/admission/prices/deals.cfm
Fee Free Day at National Parks. To honor America's service men and women, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced that areas managed by the National Park Service would not charge entrance fees for Veteran's Day weekend -November 11-13, 2011. Over 100 parks participate in this offering, go to their website at http://www.nps.gov/
enter the park and find out if they qualify.