Principal Engineer, 2014 - present
Working with Quanergy's Lidar sensors to develop smart sensing solutions for real-time 3D mapping and object detection, tracking, and classification. These technologies enable next generation driver assistance systems and autonomous vehicles.
Robotics Engineer, 2012 - 2014
- Developed algorithms for planning, control, testing, and operation of NASA’s second generation Robonaut humanoid robot.
- Focused on the mid-level control framework including kinematics, dynamics, and trajectory planning as well as the high-level application development.
- Developed with C++, Python, ROS, and OROCOS.
- Developed a collection of tools to convert natural language project requirements into formal logic and verify the controller design.
- Developed a model definition schema, data structure, and parser that allows easy access to important model parameters by the various parts of the software.
R&D Engineer, 2004 - 2012
Managed small teams conducting 3D machine vision research, algorithm development, and software development for space, defense, and commercial applications. Projects included 3D vision system processing for navigation and surface inspection for a lunar prospecting rover.
Developed algorithms and software for 3D machine vision data processing for space, defense, and commercial applications. Projects included ground and aerial LIDAR processing for object recognition and aerial LIDAR processing for removal of all non-ground points.