Well, a lot has changed since then, not the least of which is our imaging capabilities. This video of time lapses from NASA crew on various expeditions is even more awe inspiring to me now. Truly.
The beauty of our world is stunning. I in particular love the way the Northern Lights seem to float on the atomosphere and the lightening storms as seen from space are spectacular in size.
Take 5 min to enjoy the beauty of where you live. You'll come away happier for it. :D Enjoy!
- Pink Shoe StudiosOwner/Photographer
Random facts about me in the obligatory no-particular-order-of-importance. It's more than an intro but if it doesn't scare you away then you have great fortitude. :D
1) I'm a dork. After years of therapy (not really) and angst (only in high school) I now proudly own this fact. I even bought the T-shirt....okay, I don't have the T-shirt but I'm seriously considering it.
2) I speak Mandarin Chinese. Relatively fluently, although my accent when I speak it can only be described as rusty. Very rusty.
3) My girls are the center of my world.
4) I tend to try and run before I know how to walk, but I keep at it.
5) I love to read and wish I had more time for it. I love soccer, skiing, backpacking and crafting.
6) I consider my hair to be a toy. It changes color frequently.
7) I love to dance! But I stink at it so I save it for home where my awkwardness is only embarrassing to my girls--or will be when they are old enough to realize Mama isn't cool.
8 ) I am loyal. To a fault. This is something that has cut deeply both ways over the years but I guess it goes with the territory.
9) My favorite flowers are orchids. Any and all varieties. I also really adore lilies, irises, roses, and clematis.
10) I am *not* a morning person. I am very much a night owl.
11) I served 10 years in the Army.
12) I need a little bit of quiet, by myself "me time" each day to recharge, find inspiration, and stay sane.
13) I still get little thrills of anticipation and nerves before every single session with my clients.
14) I have a goal to get more pictures taken with me *in* them and with my family instead of always being only behind the camera.
15) I love watching Ninja Warrior.
16) I detest being called Missy. I much prefer Mel.17) I have a serious smiley face emoticon addiction.