So far my G+ Stream looks pretty Atheist but maybe it's because i only follow Atheists. So if you believe in a god, let me know. Would love to discuss if it's the scientific Niveau of G+ that makes it free of religious prejudice
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 73 previous comments
- In Germany it's around half half with a growing number of non believers. In Bavaria, where I live it's a tad bit more Catholics but that's only painting a dog in different colors, it's all the same bullshit. It's up to you what you want to believe, friends of mine are Pastafaris and others who are discordian. Mostly for fun of course. As a newbie Rationalist I would appreciate you accepting that I simply do not believe in a God and i don't want to be 'convinced' because there is nothing to convince me.Feb 12, 2016
- Ralph H.+1as a catholic german (ok, mostly discordian right now ;) i can only say i have never heard about the 'protestants stole our bible' thing. most people around here do not see a problem or conflict between protestant and catholic. oh, and the german translation of the bible used by the catholics is based on the luther translation.
also, what dictionary did you read? that is a definition i have never heard of.
i would really like to know your sources.Feb 12, 2016
- Hi Ralph. The protestants stealing and changing the Bible was told to me
many times from Catholics themselves. Also it says it (may have been stolen
) in the history of the Catholic church in an encyclopedia I read.
Something happened because the Catholic and Protestant Bibles don't match.
For example, In the Holy Bible there is no Catholic or any other church
I pray only to God. Catholics pray to the virgin Mary, angles saints and
I heard a priest say on a Catholic TV station, he would rather pray to Mary
than to God himself.
He said he was not worthy or high enough to talk directly to God.
That's where things get stupid. If I prayed to Mary for her to tell my
prayer to God, obviously since God knows everything, he would know my
prayer before I told Mary. Why then pray to Mary?
That kind of stuff is silly and makes no sense.
The big thing is, to the Catholics, Mary is the mother of God.
Mary is the mother of Jesus the man not God. Also Mary is said to have been
created perfect by God the way Adam and Eve were. From the dust of the
Many other things I could say.
One thing I shouldn't leave out is that I have spoken to a few Catholics
who say we were given freedom of choice by God. So that means we can do
anything we want, since Jesus died for all our sins, no matter what we do
it's all forgiven!
God gave us the freedom of choice to choose between right and wrong. Same
as Adam and Eve.
Many things differ between Catholics and Protestants.
As far as the conflict between the two, they will constantly clash with
each other until the end.
Probably due to the Catholics blaming the Protestants for stealing then
changing the Bible to their way.
I don't know. Maybe there is some truth to it at that.
The dictionary I used is the Readers Digest Great Encyclopedic Dictionary.
It is a 1960s book we have had in our family for years. Outdated to say the
As far as my sources, I now learn directly from the Holy Bible itself. I
watch two TV programs that dealFeb 13, 2016
- Nils Hitze, No pressure here. Believe what you want. It is not my place to judge you or anyone else. That is up to God. Thanks for being so nice. It is a refreshing change from all Atheists I have spoken to here in the United States. BobFeb 13, 2016
- Feb 13, 2016
- Thanks for the information Nils. Lot to read. BobFeb 13, 2016
Add a comment...