1. It's probably best to not be committed to an argument or line of evidence for something since that can cloud how one responds to potential defeaters to it. Let the commitment rather be to the truth of the matter, which the arguments are a back and forth to try to get to.
2. Learn to simply ignore comments to the person rather than the arguments or evidence and refrain from making comments to the person in the hope that will be mirrored.
3. Don't be afraid to question a statement that to you seems wrong or for which you are not persuaded is true. It doesn't matter if you question it and it's something commonly known by others or the question is considered, 'stupid' etc, ask the question.
4. Source and assertion check anything you hear that doesn't resonate with you or if you are unfamiliar with it. Don't simply take it on someone's word regardless of their supposed credentials.
5. Stand corrected openly and happily when such is presented. There is no shame or embarrassment in 'being wrong', or in having said something silly or stupid.
6. Avoid knee jerk replies to involved subjects and arguments rather contemplating what has been said, ensuring understanding of it, and carefully composing considered responses with cautious language.
As Pogo said so many years ago, "we has met the enemy, and they is us."
We have been building a street-level second Civil War, except this one is less civil than the earlier one. We have left God, turning Him away from government meetings, schools, businesses, and even many churches. We have turned our attention to the worship of the great god called "ME".
If this is not a sign of God's judgment, just imagine what will happen when He does decide to give US [sic] over.
- Northrop GrummanSoftware Engineer, 1996 - present
- Florida Institute of Technology1984
- St. Michaels High School
- The Country School
- Tilghman Elementary School
- Clicker Heroes
- Draw Line:Cross
- Plague Inc.
- AdVenture Capitalist
We're Getting the Leaders We Deserve (and We're Getting 2 Chronicles 7:1...
The root problem in America is not “out there” – it’s within the walls of our churches.
The Election and the Judgment of God: 'And God Gave Them Over'
I suppose you’ve noticed all the gallows humor going on regarding the presidential election. And for good reason.
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Offers 5 Biblical Ways to Respond ...
In a recent post on their website, the Association offers five biblical ways to respond to the world’s current climate.
Christian Woman Gives Muslim Butcher $1,300 after Intruders Attack Shop
A Christian woman in England is being recognized for donating 1,000 pounds (about $1,300) to a Muslim butcher who was attacked and robbed at
How Pokemon Go is Luring Millennials to the Church (Parking Lot)
If your church is suddenly overtaken by millennials with their heads stuck in their phones, you can thank Pokemon.
Leading Psychiatrist: Demonic Possession is Real and Possibly on the Rise
A leading psychiatrist has said that after working in the field for over two decades, he believes demon possession is real.
How Simple Faith and Prayer Can Lead Others to the Lord
Think all is lost? Feel like you don’t know how to make a difference in our crazy world? Here's a personal story that just might change your
Iowa Supreme Court Rules Unborn Children Have Full Rights of Minors
Iowa’s Supreme Court has ruled that unborn babies have the right to parental care and comfort, according to Worldmag.com.
The Most Dangerous Book in the World is...the Bible?
What do the Bible and "Fifty Shades of Grey" have in common? If you said nothing, sadly, you’d be wrong.
Why are Satanic Temple and Queen Elizabeth in the News?
I cannot imagine writing on two more dissimilar stories in today's news.
Why it's Better to be Honest Than Pretend You're Fine
Most if not all of us have the tendency to present a put-together, perfect picture of ourselves to those around us, but pretending we are fi
Staying out of their bathrooms and bedrooms Part 2
**Warning: This is one of those posts where I get personal and may share things you may find uncomfortable with. You have been warned. This
Staying out of their bedrooms and bathrooms Part 1
I rarely do this, but this post is a rebuttal to a blog post a man posted in a Facebook group I am in called The Christian Blogger's Network