MyWeather may be the new kid on the block, but our parent company, Weather Central, has been in the neighborhood since the 1970s.
In the early days of television, meteorologists showed viewers the weather conditions using magnetic chalkboards – moving magnets around the board and drawing frontal boundaries and temperatures by hand. This somewhat awkward process was the standard for broadcasting weather for several decades. Weather Central led the push to computerize weather information. Now, MyWeather brings this powerful network of weather data and forecasting directly to you.
What makes our approach to online weather different?
· MyWeather is your weather. Save the locations you care about.
· You can pick and choose your weather alerts. Get the weather alerts you want, sent where you want (SMS, smartphone, desktop).
· Your time is important to us. We don't waste your time – weather is front and center.
· We know you're on the go. Your settings automatically sync with all our apps.
· We give you the details. Our patented hourly forecasts include an animated map with frame-by-frame details.
· You can count on MyWeather. We've already earned the trust of meteorologists worldwide.
Did you know that most weather sites just repackage the same government weather data? Since Weather Central created our technology (and has the patents to show for it), MyWeather forecasts are uniquely powerful. We pinpoint your forecast 6 times more precisely than the competition. That's why we can say that with MyWeather, Weather just got personal.