Hey Photographer friends! If you're traveling and want to meet up with other photographers, join our community to easily locate old friends and new friends on the road.
Read 's original post first (below) so you know the expectations. Basically just no spamming and be a real person. :)
Travelling to a new destination? Interested in meeting like-minded photographers to shoot with? This group is for you! We're setting up a new community for the specific purpose of helping members connect with other photographers when out travelling. Would love to have you on board!
Rules for Membership
- Your profile photo must clearly show your face. The name on the profile must be genuine. No pseudonyms, handles, or usernames. Gotta be real.
- You must be an active member of the Gplus community, with public posts that the moderators can see.
- You must agree to share the name of your home town (or a general geographic area) in the appropriate category so people can find you when searching.
He's interested in surveillance and tracking. If you click the link on the latest blog post, you'll see a random piece of data. You can keep "playing" and get different results (although it was a little glitchy for me just now). Today I got a Rick Astley video! haha
If you're at the UTD campus, stop by my office and scan the QR code. ATC 3.609
He's mapping all of this as well, so it will be interesting to see what data he ends up with, depending on whether or not people allowed him to see their location.
I don’t remember when I started following , but her paintings and stories gave me a glimpse of a girl I once knew. One of her paintings really spoke to me, and I had to have it. But I couldn't afford it. She sent me a small print of the piece anyway. I was shocked and so grateful.
This is the story that goes with this piece...
"One day she woke up and opened her arms untying the knots tangled and turned them into golden ribbons streaming from her heart. She wondered how the simplicity of it had escaped her memory and kept her tangled in this dance for so long.
Today she dances with sunlight and the soft ocean breeze that sways trees and releases crimson petals breaking free, no longer bound to anything. She is boundless, she is as big as the ocean, she is as big as the sky, she breaks free. She is crimson like a rose petal. She breaks FREE."
I just discovered this print as I unpacked another box that has been in storage for almost 3 years. And it now has new meaning as I find myself finally independent again.
Marylou, you will never know what this print meant to me. I cannot thank you enough. xoxox
- I'm an artist working mostly with digital (photography, video, etc), but I'm known to paint on occasion (when I want to throw the computer out the window).
- More formally... Christi Nielsen is a multimedia artist who works with photography, video, and new media. Her work using mobile devices was shown at the Dallas Museum of Art, the Dallas Contemporary, and at the George Pompidou Centre in Paris. Nielsen directed inter.sect Art Collective, a group of artists exploring new media and digital exhibition spaces.
- I teach Photography and Emerging Media and Communication at the University of Texas at Dallas.
- I shoot fine art that deals with social commentary, but I also shoot interiors/real estate and travel.
- And then there's sass. Gotta have that. I decided there is only so much crazy I can take before I have to start blogging about it. Delusions of Grandeur
- University of Texas at DallasSenior Lecturer, 2014 - presentSchool of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication Emerging Media and Communication Photography
- Christi NielsenArtist / Photographer, 2003 - present
- Los Angeles Film FestivalProduction Intern, 2011 - 2011
- Los Angeles Center for Digital ArtIntern, 2009 - 2010
- University of Texas at DallasInstructor of Record, 2007 - 2008
- National Institute for Healthcare LeadershipDirector of Marketing, 2005 - 2007
Horchata French toast w piloncillo syrup & toasted almonds. #Mexican...
Chef/Owner of Frontera Grill, Cookbook Author, Host of Mexico-One Plate at a Time. web www.rickbayless.com · « older newer ». navigation. To
THEATER REVIEW: 'Allegiance' is moving, thought-provoking story of patri...
In the publicity photos for "Allegiance ---- A New American Musical," it appears to be the story of a Japanese-American family struggling to
Incredible macro-photography of people’s eyes — Lost At E Minor: For cr...
Advertise; Submit; Contribute NEW; Banners; iPhone App. About Us; Contributors; Contact Us. Lost At E Minor. SUBSCRIBE NOWWhy. HOME; BEST OF