I bought this while in NYC around 12 years ago. Everyone in my travel party got a nasty stomach virus within 24 hours of arriving. They told me to roam the city on my own for the day. Of course, I went straight to the MOMA and then to Paper Source. :)
#moving #unpacking #treasures
I missed a few days during the move, but aside from that, I've studied every single day. Normally I talk to myself in French. Now I'm talking to myself in Spanish. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Of course, when I'm tired, I'm speaking something more like Franish... or Spanench? Lol
I never paint or shoot flowers. I think I was trying to paint some happiness into my nightmare. Part of me wants to finish it. Part of me wants to leave it exactly as it is... a snapshot.
He's interested in surveillance and tracking. If you click the link on the latest blog post, you'll see a random piece of data. You can keep "playing" and get different results (although it was a little glitchy for me just now). Today I got a Rick Astley video! haha
If you're at the UTD campus, stop by my office and scan the QR code. ATC 3.609
He's mapping all of this as well, so it will be interesting to see what data he ends up with, depending on whether or not people allowed him to see their location.
Great capture by Sandro Mori. Thanks for the correct photographer . This is why I rarely share others' images. Ugh.
I took 4x5 sheet film and ran it through the chemistry to remove all the silver. Yes, I suppose I could've used transparency sheets, but no. I wanted the whole process. ;-)
Then I tested different paint pens to see which colors would produce which shades of gray in the dark room. I think I limited myself to 4 colors plus black (which would produce white) and nothing (which would produce black). Think posterization in Photoshop.
Next, I found portraits of famous women and drew them with these paint pens on the sheet film. Then I created a print (enlargement) in the dark room with that "negative".
I love the marks. The black is actually not grainy like this. It's a solid, deep black. But I took a quick shot of this in low light with my phone.
The unpacking continues...
- I'm an artist working mostly with digital (photography, video, etc), but I'm known to paint on occasion (when I want to throw the computer out the window).
- More formally... Christi Nielsen is a multimedia artist who works with photography, video, and new media. Her work using mobile devices was shown at the Dallas Museum of Art, the Dallas Contemporary, and at the George Pompidou Centre in Paris. Nielsen directed inter.sect Art Collective, a group of artists exploring new media and digital exhibition spaces.
- I teach Photography and Emerging Media and Communication at the University of Texas at Dallas.
- I shoot fine art that deals with social commentary, but I also shoot interiors/real estate and travel.
- And then there's sass. Gotta have that. I decided there is only so much crazy I can take before I have to start blogging about it. Delusions of Grandeur
- University of Texas at DallasSenior Lecturer, 2014 - presentSchool of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication Emerging Media and Communication Photography
- Christi NielsenArtist / Photographer, 2003 - present
- Los Angeles Film FestivalProduction Intern, 2011 - 2011
- Los Angeles Center for Digital ArtIntern, 2009 - 2010
- University of Texas at DallasInstructor of Record, 2007 - 2008
- National Institute for Healthcare LeadershipDirector of Marketing, 2005 - 2007
Horchata French toast w piloncillo syrup & toasted almonds. #Mexican...
Chef/Owner of Frontera Grill, Cookbook Author, Host of Mexico-One Plate at a Time. web www.rickbayless.com · « older newer ». navigation. To
THEATER REVIEW: 'Allegiance' is moving, thought-provoking story of patri...
In the publicity photos for "Allegiance ---- A New American Musical," it appears to be the story of a Japanese-American family struggling to
Incredible macro-photography of people’s eyes — Lost At E Minor: For cr...
Advertise; Submit; Contribute NEW; Banners; iPhone App. About Us; Contributors; Contact Us. Lost At E Minor. SUBSCRIBE NOWWhy. HOME; BEST OF