I hope you may teach an honors course sometime, and I hope you touch some lives next semester! :-)
That is all.
After shooting for 12 years, I'm finally learning flash. I've been participating in 's Lighting with Intent Mentorship here on G+. It's been frustrating to say the least, but probably because I keep thinking how much easier it would be to pull out the continuous lighting and be done with it. I must plow through!
This week we had to practice isolating our subject. Black backgrounds are kinda my thing, so I decided to ditch my beloved black velvet and challenge myself. I almost nailed it, but you could still see a tiny bit of the shutters in my living room in the background. We post our images SOOC in the community to better learn, but here I've made just a few tweaks. I cleaned up the little bit of shutter in the background and added a touch of creamy yellow polaroid from Exposure 7.
I'm starting to get comfortable with the flash. And I'm definitely glad to be shooting again. =D
I stopped telling my story.
Thank you for the best kick in the arse I could ask for.
You know when you learned masking and you thought omg this has changed my life? (Well I did, anyway.) I have a feeling I'm going to say the same thing about finally learning to use my freaking flash.
This. Is. So. On! Squeeeeeeeeeeee!
- I'm an artist working mostly with digital (photography, video, etc), but I'm known to paint on occasion (when I want to throw the computer out the window).
- More formally... Christi Nielsen is a multimedia artist who works with photography, video, and new media. Her work using mobile devices was shown at the Dallas Museum of Art, the Dallas Contemporary, and at the George Pompidou Centre in Paris. Nielsen directed inter.sect Art Collective, a group of artists exploring new media and digital exhibition spaces.
- I teach photography at the University of Texas at Dallas.
- I shoot fine art that deals with social commentary, but I also shoot interiors/real estate and travel.
- And then there's sass. Gotta have that. I decided there is only so much crazy I can take before I have to start blogging about it. Delusions of Grandeur
- I was the Chapter Lead for Drink and Click ™ LA for over a year. Then I moved back to Dallas and am now leading Drink and Click™ Dallas/Fort Worth! Woot! Join us here. https://plus.google.com/106133354727011365270/posts
- Christi NielsenArtist / Photographer, 2003 - present
- University of Texas at DallasPhotography Instructor, 2014
- Independent Multimedia Production2006 - 2013
- Los Angeles Film FestivalProduction Intern, 2011 - 2011
- Los Angeles Center for Digital ArtIntern, 2009 - 2010
- University of Texas at DallasInstructor of Record, 2007 - 2008
- National Institute for Healthcare LeadershipDirector of Marketing, 2005 - 2007
Horchata French toast w piloncillo syrup & toasted almonds. #Mexican...
Chef/Owner of Frontera Grill, Cookbook Author, Host of Mexico-One Plate at a Time. web www.rickbayless.com · « older newer ». navigation. To
THEATER REVIEW: 'Allegiance' is moving, thought-provoking story of patri...
In the publicity photos for "Allegiance ---- A New American Musical," it appears to be the story of a Japanese-American family struggling to
Incredible macro-photography of people’s eyes — Lost At E Minor: For cr...
Advertise; Submit; Contribute NEW; Banners; iPhone App. About Us; Contributors; Contact Us. Lost At E Minor. SUBSCRIBE NOWWhy. HOME; BEST OF