Oh God. I think I'm going to be sick.
I'm so tempted to rant at journalists like for perpetuating this stupid myth that Google+ is a ghost town. If you're one of the thousands in my circles, you're one of millions who know that's not true.
But today I'm not going to rant at pile-on tech writers like . I'm going to turn my anger at Google.
Hello - why why why do you allow Google's marketing team to keep marketing Google+ as "Facebook just maybe slightly better"? Why why why do you not see what millions of us who use it and love it understand: Google+'s secret weapon is that it is not just "another social network." STOP trying to get people to bring their same friends they have on Facebook over here. IT'S NOT WORKING.
Please please please start marketing Google+ as what it is: the world's most incredible discovery engine. The great power of Google+ is not yet another way to follow celebrities and keep up with Aunt Susie. The power here is in the ability to discover and engage with thousands of new people from all over the world who are interested in what you're interested in.
Google: You're killing Google+ with your useless "suggested user list" that directs people to people they'll never get to engage with. Use what you're good at! Trust the algorithms! Connect new people with hundreds of people in their interest graph who are actually using Google+ and engaging every day.
Google+ users: If you agree, please share this. Copy it to as many influential people in Google as you can, or write your own message. If Google won't save Google+, maybe we can.
EDIT: And you must read "Getting More People to Use Google+" a brilliant piece by https://plus.google.com/u/0/115516333681138986628/posts/9SieYGfgB7b
For the past nine years, I have focused on implementing and measuring internet marketing, advertising, and search engine strategies for both business-to-business and business-to-consumer clients. For the last 4 years I have added social media to my portfolio teaching and instructing on leveraging social media for business.
My core expertise includes:
* Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
* Pay Per Click (PPC) Google Adwords Certified Professional and Search Engine Campaign Management
* Email Strategies
* Google Analytics
* White Hat SEO for superior site rankings in the major search engines * Conversion proven ads and landing pages for higher ROI of PPC campaigns * Strong relationship building with major ISPs for superior email desirability * Site reporting for marketing goals and maximizing site performance
* White Hat SEO for superior site rankings in the major search engines
* Conversion proven ads and landing pages for higher ROI of PPC campaigns
* Strong relationship building with major ISPs for superior email deliverability
* Site reporting for marketing goals and maximizing site performance
- New Horizons Computer Learning Center Cincinnati, OhioCertified Internet Webmaster, 2001 - 2002
- Eastern Kentucky UniversityArt Edu. / Real Estate, 1984 - 1989