DeKalb Medical is a private, non-profit health system that owns and operates three hospitals in metro-Atlanta.
At DeKalb Medical, our mission is to earn our patients’ trust every day, through our uncompromising commitment to quality.
With more than 800 doctors skilled in 55 medical specialties, DeKalb Medical combines cutting-edge technology with compassion to effectively diagnosis and treat our patients. We are a leader in cancer and heart attack treatment. Growing with metro-Atlanta’s medical needs since 1961, our non-profit health system and DeKalb Medical Physician group is pushing beyond to excel in patient satisfaction.
More than just a provider of hospital services, DeKalb Medical has helped usher in a new era of electronic medical records that puts information at your doctor’s fingertips for improved patient safety and outcomes. Our three-hospital, 627-bed system includes DeKalb Medical at North Decatur (451 beds), DeKalb Medical Long Term Acute Care at Downtown Decatur (76 beds) and DeKalb Medical at Hillandale (100 beds). We provide healthcare on three hospital campuses and at nine primary care physician offices in DeKalb and surrounding counties. Services include our premiere Joint Solutions Center, a Heart and Vascular Center, Cancer Center, Women’s and Maternity Center, Surgical Weight Loss Center of Excellence, Wellness Center, Sleep Disorders Center, Wound Care Center of Excellence, Long Term Acute Care, Emergency services, imaging and radiology services.Connecting you to quality care has been and always will be our goal. Recent quality recognitions and indicators include:
• Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack in 2013
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center for Hip and Knee Replacement
• Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
• LTAC at Downtown Decatur is Georgia's first hospital to earn a Center of Excellence designation and Gold Seal disease-specific certification for wound care treatment from the Joint Commission (2010) - also the nation's first and only hospital to earn the Joint Commission's Gold Seal disease-specific certification for the treatment of patients on ventilators who are diagnosed with respiratory failure
• 2007-2010 Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievment Award, a 3-year designation that recognizes the significant commitment by DeKalb Medical to provide high quality cancer care to patients. Only 15 percent of approved cancer programs qualify for this distinction.
• 2009 VHA Operational Excellence Award to the Emergency Department at DeKalb Medical at North Decatur for decreasing wait times and improving patient satisfaction
• 2010 Five-Star Value Award recognizing DeKalb Medical as one of the top ranked Community Value hospitals in the U.S. by Cleverley & Associates