We are glad to announce a new version of Cerberus! It is a big update with a lot of new features, so we are releasing it through our beta channel for all of you that want to try it and give some feedback, then the final 3.0 update will be published in a couple of weeks.
New app features:
- Update to Material Design
- "Block Power Menu" option in the app settings, to prevent a thief from turning off the device from the lock screen
- "Protect device admin" option, to require username/password to remove Cerberus from Device Administrators
- "Prevent USB debugging" option (only for system app installs), to disable USB debugging and make more difficult for an experienced thief to delete Cerberus
New remote commands/options:
( to access these commands, after you log into the website go here: https://www.cerberusapp.com/test-dashboard.php )
- Enable/disable bluetooth
- "Persistent" option in the "Display message" command, to show a message that is always displayed in the center of the screen
- "Get installed apps" command, to retrieve a list of apps installed on the device, with their package names
- "Change app settings" command, to modify the app configuration remotely
- "Backup data" command, to make a backup of your SMS/MMS, call log, contacts, photos and videos to your Google Drive or Dropbox account - you have to connect GDrive/Dropbox beforehand in the app settings
- "Start shell" command, to open a remote shell (SSH-like) to your device
- "Start application/service / Send broadcast" to start an Activity, Service or send a Broadcast to the device
This feature, that you can find in a new section of the app settings, provides you a completely new way to set automatic alerts and actions. You can create your own rules with an Event-Condition-Action structure:
- Event is the signal that triggers the rule, for instance a wrong unlock code being entered, exiting or entering a geofence, battery level becoming low and many more possible events
- Condition is an additional requirement (optional) for the action to be carried out
- Action can be one or more Cerberus commands
With AutoTask you can make Cerberus do things such as email you the location when the battery is almost dying, send a SMS if the device moves, start the alarm if the device exits a geofence, factory reset the device after 5 consecutive wrong unlock attempts, and so on. The only limit is your imagination :-)
There are 3 known issues, all of them are limited to Android 5.0 (Lollipop):
- "Protect device admin" does not work, the login screen appears 5 seconds after you press to disable device administration. That is the intended behavior according to Google security policies, but there was a bug that let us bypass the five seconds delay. The bug has been fixed in Lollipop, we'll see if we can find any other way to circumvent that.
- No picture taken on wrong unlock code entered. We can't do anything to fix this, it's a bug in the Android OS: https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=1082
- The "Unlock" command does not make the lock screen disappear. As above, it's a bug in Android: https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=1765 . Anyway you can enter any PIN code to unlock the phone, after you send a "Unlock" command.
If you experience any other issues, bugs or crashes, please let us know. Thanks!
To enter our beta channel you have to subscribe to our Google Group ( https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cerberus-support-forum ) and then go here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.lsdroid.cerberus
Or you can download the apk files or flashable zip files from the following links.
- Apk: https://www.cerberusapp.com/beta/Cerberus.apk
- Flashable zip (Android 4.0-4.3): https://www.cerberusapp.com/beta/cerberus.zip
- Flashable zip (Android 4.4+): https://www.cerberusapp.com/beta/cerberus-4.4.zip
- Apk: https://www.cerberusapp.com/beta/Cerberus_disguised.apk
- Flashable zip (Android 4.0-4.3): https://www.cerberusapp.com/beta/cerberus_disguised.zip
- Flashable zip (Android 4.4+): https://www.cerberusapp.com/beta/cerberus_disguised-4.4.zip
Saludos y sigan haciendo un buen trabajo.
- Universidad Alejandro de HumboldtIngeniería en Sistemas, present
- Palabra Correcta
- Plants vs. Zombies 2
- Hay Day
- DigitelEspecialista en Sistemas Jr., 2014 - present
- Sanitas VenezuelaOperador de Sistemas Senior, 2009 - 2012
- ¡Las investigaciones de mercados – nosotros probamos los vídeos de pub...
Socios. Por cada socio implicado usted recibirá remuneración 3 dollars. También usted recibe un cierto 15% de los ingresos ganados por sus s
Moovit: info de bus y tren - Aplicaciones Android en Google Play
Moovit es la aplicación líder mundial para el transporte público que cada día utilizan más de 30 millones de personas en más de 800 ciudades
1Password - Password Manager - Android Apps on Google Play
Try 1Password for free today and see for yourself why The Guardian ranks us as one of "The best Android apps of 2014". 1Password creates str
DE MANICOMIO: Maduro asegura que EEUU tenia planeado matarlo en la ONU
Nicolás Maduro Moros, se negó a dar detalles sobre su ausencia en la Asamblea General de la ONU. Aseguró que hubo dos "provocaciones" por pa