- TelelanguageInterpreter Recruiter, present
- Stratus Video InterpretingVideo Portuguese Interpreter, 2015 - presentMedical video interpretation using the consecutive mode of interpretation assisting English speakers and Limited English Proficient individuals get access to healthcare information and medical attention.
- Cyracom International IncBrazilian Portuguese Interpreter, 2011 - 2013Over-the-phone interpretation using the consecutive mode for various areas: medical, legal, financial, travel, IT and education.
- Wizard IdiomasEnglish Teacher, present
- Centro Universitario de Barra MansaEnglish Teacher trainee, present
- Lima Language ServicesOwner, Portuguese Linguist, 2016 - present
Flavia Lima is a freelance Portuguese Interpreter and Translator and has a CoreCHI certification with the Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI). Originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, she holds a Licentiate degree in Linguistics from Centro Universitário de Barra Mansa and a graduate certificate in Translation from Universidade Estácio de Sá. Following her university studies, Flavia spent three years teaching English as a second language to students in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil before moving to Phoenix, Arizona in 2009. In 2011, Flavia began her freelance interpretation career. Since then she has worked for various interpretation agencies providing translation services in a variety of fields and settings including medical, legal, immigration, social, and community. In addition to her service as Secretary of Arizona Translators & Interpreters, Flavia is an active member of the American Translators Association, Arizona Court Interpreters Association and the National Language Service Corps.
Through her personal experience with language as a source of upward mobility and through her passion for the industry and professional development, she strives to inspire her colleagues to believe in and pursue their personal and professional dreams. In her spare time, Flavia enjoys socializing with friends and family across the globe, exploring nature, and traveling the world.
- UBMTeaching English as a Foreign Language, 2006 - 2009Licentiate degree in English Linguistics.
- Universidade Estácio de SáPortuguese Translation, 2013 - 2016Latu Sensu (Specialization Brazilian degree) in PT BR>ENG and ENG>PT BR translation with 380 hours of coursework.
- Brasillis IdiomasConference Interpreting, 2016 - 2017Certificate in conference interpreting.
Participation Invite: Brazilian Portuguese Field Test
The American Councils for International Education is inviting US-based Brazilian Portuguese university/professional language students and he