25 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 20 previous comments
- Very cool, I'll try to inject the machinable interface into the discussion, as that is the (to my mind) most important element to arrive at "instant" things that you can order of an automated system and have it magically and automatically produce - even if YOU don't know how to make it yourselfSep 21, 2012
- Sep 21, 2012
- the last I saw of SKDB it "kindof" worked but had a ways to go, that may have changed substantially in the intervening 3 years, but my focus has been yanked about by life events and I haven't checked in in a long timeSep 21, 2012
- skdb still needs lots of people to review the package specification: http://gnusha.org/skdb/package_spec.html
You can access us in ##hplusroadmap on irc.freenode.net or on http://groups.google.com/group/openmanufacturing which has a few years of discussion about alternative thingiverses.
You might also be interested in these:
The major hangup on SKDB was CAD. There should be a greater separation of concerns between CAD and package management.
Thank you Nils/James.
(+1) 512-203-0507Sep 21, 2012
- Josef. I agree that the MakerBot's choices and Bre's responses with regards to the Replicator 2 are complete bullshit. That being said, I think you might be overreacting to the Thingiverse TOS. I assume you're complaining about section 3.2. I think that section is only there because Thingiverse used to have the "all rights reserved" option for the secondary license. If a user specified "all rights reserved" instead of a CC license then section 3.2 would ensure that Thingiverse could still do stuff like create new services that show your designs in different ways, blog about your stuff, etc.Sep 21, 2012
- The new TOS where introduced at the same time as the removal of the all-rights-reserved option.Sep 22, 2012
Add a comment...