If you're a U.S. citizen, Sign this petition. By: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/end-acta-and-protect-our-right-privacy-internet/MwfSVNBK
What is ACTA? Learn more about it
What is ACTA? ACTA is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. A new intellectual property enforcement treaty being negotiated by the United States, the European Community, Switzerland, and Japan, with Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada recently announcing that they will join in as well.
Why should you care about ACTA? Initial reports indicate that the treaty will have a very broad scope and will involve new tools targeting “Internet distribution and information technology.”
What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries’ law enforcement agencies.
Essential ACTA Resources:
- Read more about ACTA here: ACTA Fact Sheet https://www.eff.org/issues/acta
- Read the authentic version of the ACTA text as of 15 April 2011, as finalized by participating countries here: ACTA Finalized Text http://www.international.gc.ca/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/fo/acta-acrc.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
- Follow the history of the treaty’s formation here: ACTA history http://www.international.gc.ca/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/fo/intellect_property.aspx?view=d
- Read letters from U.S. Senator Ron Wyden where in he challenges the constitutionality of ACTA:
_ Letter 1 http://wyden.senate.gov/newsroom/press/release/?id=12a5b1cb-ccb8-4e14-bb84-a11b35b4ec53
_ Letter 2 http://infojustice.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Wyden-01052012.pdf
Read the Administration’s Response to Wyden’s First Letter here:
Watch a short informative video on ACTA:
ACTA Video Say NO to ACTA
Watch a lulzy video on ACTA:
Lulzy Video Robocopyright ACTA
Say NO to ACTA. It is essential to spread awareness and get the word out on ACTA.
#ACTA #BLACKMARCH #SOPA #PIPA #STOPACTA #STOPSOPA
Wonder How To » How To Videos & How-To Articles
Wonder How To is your guide to free how to videos on the Web. Search, Browse and Discover the best how to videos across the web using the l
In Samoa, it is acceptable for a family who has too many sons, to raise ...
In Samoa, it is acceptable for a family who has too many sons, to raise the youngest boy as a daughter. - Facts - Jan 16, 2012 - Your Mind.
Samuel L. Jackson once held Martin Luther King Jr’s dad hostage! - Facts...
Samuel L. Jackson once held Martin Luther King Jr’s dad hostage! - Facts - Jan 17, 2012 - Your Mind. Blown - OMG Facts
Not having friends has the same life expectancy effect as smoking 15 cig...
Not having friends has the same life expectancy effect as smoking 15 cigarettes a day! - Facts - Jan 13, 2012 - Your Mind. Blown - OMG Facts
A man reportedly had a second face on the back of his head, it even laug...
A man reportedly had a second face on the back of his head, it even laughed and cried! - Facts - Jan 15, 2012 - Your Mind. Blown - OMG Facts
YouTube - My World Morphed by Rodney Pike (rwpike) Photo Manipulation an...
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseFilmsUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, whic
Your Anon News • In America you are the 99%, but to the rest of the...
In America you are the 99%, but to the rest of the world you are still the 1%.