5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Eh... remember who's reporting this: Phoronix. This is not the first time they've "confirmed" a Linux Steam client.
Like I said in a post earlier, until I'm playing a native Linux TF2 client on a native Linux Steam client, this just gets internally filed as "Phoronix" to me.Apr 26, 2012
- i have seen screenshots here on G+ of people playing steam games and using the steam client on linux - so i'd say that it is fairly confirmed.Apr 26, 2012
- I saw screenshots of an apparently leftover ELF binary with GTK+ hooks a couple years back, showing a Steam login screen under Linux. Screenshots from Phoronix won't convince me, a binary from Valve will. :-)Apr 26, 2012
- Of course, note the implication that if Valve IS putting out a call for beta testers for a Linux Steam client and a Linux port of the Source engine, I'll be up for it. :-)Apr 26, 2012
- Oh heck yes I'd beta test the crap out of that. I'm on the 'new features' list on Steam as it is. I wonder how the numbers would change once everyone who would rather be playing on Linux could play on Linux.
Judging by Valve's structure, it makes sense to me that something like this could take years before any development is made. If nobody is interested or excited about working on it, it doesn't happen. If Gabe is on board, though, everything changes.Apr 26, 2012
- I wouldn't mind that one bit.Apr 26, 2012