I think this integration of Google Voice into Hangouts could be quite interesting...
6 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 3 previous comments
- Dan York+1- Now that I've seen the drop of XMPP, I, too, wonder about whether we'll ever see SIP support.
- Yes, I suspect this move by Google will break many systems out there. Not a good move.May 23, 2013
- - The only reason I am still using TypePad is because I started my Disruptive* blogs there in 2006 and hundreds and hundreds of posts later the process of moving the sites is non-trivial. I'd like to move them to WordPress... but I need to find the time to make that massive move.
The Google+ comment integration for WordPress is only available because a developer reverse-engineered the Google+
Blogger integration and then released that as a WP plugin. There is no guarantee it will remain working as Google could change the APIs at any point. :(May 23, 2013
- , just posted this as a question under the Open Source category... Does Google's dropping of XMPP from Hangouts put Microsoft Lync in the interesting position of being the the most widely interoperable enterprise UC solution? Will Google Apps now be the “closed solution” in comparison to Microsoft’s “very open” UC solution?May 23, 2013
- May 23, 2013
- I recommend trying out the Disqus plugin for comments. Works well, and many of the big name blogs use it.May 23, 2013
- Dan York+1FYI, I wrote up a follow-up post responding to a number of comments about my original post: http://www.disruptivetelephony.com/2013/05/further-thoughts-on-the-google-voice-google-hangouts-integration.htmlMay 24, 2013
Add a comment...