Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Augusto Aguilera

Post has attachment
If you would like to discuss your case, contact SGM and Associates
Call (805) 486-8300

Post has attachment

L Visas – Intra-Company Transfers
L Visa Lawyers

Many companies enjoy a global presence through their affiliates in the United States and around the world. As corporations continue to expand, the demand for L visas have increased. Companies with related operational entities in the U.S. can seek to transfer certain employees to these offices under the L visa, which allows foreign national executives, managers, and professionals with specialized knowledge to work in the U.S. Similar to H-1B visa holders, L visa holders benefit from dual intent and have access to premium processing for quicker decisions.

Types of L-Visas:

L-1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer of Executive or Manager): A U.S. employer can transfer an executive or manager working from a foreign office to an office located in the U.S. If a foreign company does not currently have an affiliate U.S. office, the L-1 visa can also be granted for the purpose of creating an office.
L-2 Visa (Intracompany Transfer of Employee with Specialized Knowledge): Employees with a specialized knowledge or skillset can be brought to work in the U.S. using the L-2 visa.

Executives and managers can remain in the U.S. for up to 7 years.

Professionals with specialized knowledge are allowed up to 5 years of stay in the U.S.

At SGM & ASSOCIATES, our immigration lawyers can advise and assist businesses with all of their staffing needs. We can determine eligibility and provide guidance throughout the process.

J Visas for Exchange Visitors

Immigration Attorneys Based in Dallas, TX

The J visa allows foreign nationals to travel to the United States under numerous exchange programs recognized by the USCIS. Individuals ranging from students to researchers and specialists can pursue their studies, receive training, or share their knowledge under this visa program. This visa also allows the visa holder to pursue other extracurricular activities outside of their cultural exchange as well. The visa holder can bring their spouse and certain dependents to accompany them during their stay (J-2 visas).

J-1 visas are available for:

Research Scholars or Professors: With the J visa, scholars are free to conduct research, teach, lecture, or participate in scholarly activities that promote exchange for an accredited post-secondary institution, library, museum, or similar institution.
College and University Students: Foreign students can apply for a J-1 visa if they intend to study at a U.S. post-secondary accredited college or university full-time.
Government visitors: Prominent international visitors can enter the U.S. and participate in activities that promote and strengthen relationships with U.S. government agencies. These influential individuals are typically selected by a U.S. government agency.
Foreign teachers: Qualifying foreign teachers can teach at an accredited U.S. primary or secondary school.
Physicians: Visitors can apply to work, research, or conduct training.
Wait while more posts are being loaded