I thought it'd be simple, just use my existing headset detecting API and set the volume to say, 50% instead of 100% if headphones are inserted. Turns out there was no detection API in the LCARS UI. I apparently only put it in the dialer I guess. Well that's done, no more blasted eardrums.
I also added rumble to the timers (if the app isn't in-focus) and the alarms (anytime the animated box in the answer slider hits an end, making it seem like it bumped it) since I can sleep through a fire alarm, but not my phone's vibration.
I deemed it an insignificant issue and ignored it cause I normally don't have my headphones in at night. Until the night I did...
I am working on this issue now