All done live blogging the Facebook event. I think perhaps the most awesome thing honestly was how Facebook seems to be reacting to Google+ with a dose of fear. No, they didn't just whip up 1-to-1 video chat over night. But the entire tone and many points all seemed designed to counterbalance any perceived weaknesses. I did a main points wrap-up at the end of my post.
38 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 19 previous comments
- "...can create an interface almost as nice as Circles..."
Perhaps. Facebook gives every appearance of being a rather fragile site—apparent AJAX race conditions are all over the place—and their engineers have not really proven to be the most adept at excellent user experience, in my view... Your Mileage May Vary...Jul 6, 2011
- +Avi Rappoport: "Facebook has the underlying functionality and can create an interface almost as nice as Cirles" ... Yeah, sure, as Microsoft basically offers the same functionalities as Apple but in the end it's still the product with the better UI/UX that prevails and rightly so.
Anyway, if Facebook could create an interface as nice as circles, why didn't they do it until now?Jul 6, 2011
- indeedJul 6, 2011
- Gud they got this feature! BUT too bad Zuckerbargs "Awesomeness" is jus a video chat and group chat!Jul 6, 2011
- All systems have priorities, Facebook's have been scaling enormously, social graphing stuff and advertising.
And I did say almost as nice as Circles ;-)Jul 6, 2011
- Okay, that's fair. =DJul 6, 2011