A fact you probably didn't know: Portugal decriminalized drugs more than a decade ago, and drug abuse plummeted. America, meanwhile, keeps expanding its insane and counterproductive War on (Some) Drugs.
615 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 181 previous comments
- The problem is not with the legality of drug usage but rather the moral decay that makes drug usage so desirable in the first place.Feb 23, 2012
Well what drug are you talking about? Same as alcohol or cigarettes, Or what about the moral decay of Obese families stuffing their face with sweets. Moral Decay?? That's another way of saying, My morals are better, When you approach a situation like this, it has to be unbiased, and solve issues to what's most important for everybody, Not what you think is best or what Daddy thaught you, Who cares what you think, Now if my actions WHILE on "drugs" impact your life in a negative manner, then by all means take some action, Morals or not.
You can say In my justification, I had both parents alcoholics, So my Morals are perfectly placed, in believing that all drugs should be legal, and that people should be responsible for there own actions. But at the same time, With all the hate I have for alcohol causing so much pain, I still do not morally believe in taking it away, You see it is not morally right to restrict the rights of another human being, without proper reason. Take your ego out of the situation and don't judge a way of life you haven't lived yourself.Feb 24, 2012
- I know that by you saying Moral Decay, you have no idea of the reality of certain people's life, Losing your freedom is the first step to society losing it's morals, After all locking up thousands gf people for the smallest marijuana charges?? Where the Morals in that? It's not rocket science sir, you must know this better than me.Feb 24, 2012
- Okay, perhaps the fishing license is not a good analogy,which is why I mentioned drivers licenses. Just because people obtain drivers license is no gaurantee that they will all be good safe drivers. As to the depleeting fish in the wild, there are probably other ways to address overfishing other than 15 bucks for a license ( personal fishing) ( Commercial fishing is something entirely different), and then there is the whole issue of conealed weapons. What I am saying is, perhaps we as a society need to look at all anti-libertarian aspects of government, drug prohibition being just one of many?Feb 27, 2012
- To solve the drugs issue 1. Sort out child protection 2. Provide psychological therapy for all adults not just the middle class 3. Provide better education in schools on emotional and psychological well-being 4. Take a polluter pays approach to alcohol producers by far the greatest risk to children is a drunken abusive parent.Feb 28, 2012
- They want the Drugs and the drug war...Feb 2, 2015