Fun sandwiches for the whole fam!
👉Makes 4 sandwiches. 1 counts as 1 Lean Protein, 1 Veggie, 1 Good Carb and 1 Extra. Allowable on all Phases.
• 2 multigrain English muffins
• 1 large garlic clove, halved
• 1/2 avocado
• 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
• Pinch salt
• 1 jar (6 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup baby spinach leaves (1 ounce)
• 8 thin slices (5 ounces) lower-sodium deli turkey breast, folded into quarters
• 4 thin slices red onion
• 4 slices (2 ounces) provolone cheese, folded into quarters
1. Split the English muffins and toast. Lightly rub the cut sides with the cut garlic clove.
2. Meanwhile, scoop the avocado into a small bowl. With a fork, mash with the lime juice, chili powder, and salt.
3. Cut four 2-inch squares of roasted peppers and cut any remainder into thin strips.
4. For each sandwich, top an English muffin half with the following: 1 tablespoon avocado mixture, a couple spinach leaves, 1 slice turkey, 1 slice onion, a roasted pepper square, 1 slice provolone, another slice of turkey, some more spinach leaves, and strips of roasted pepper.