Fate Deck Arcana
* Strength - overwhelming force; collateral damage
* Speed - fast on the draw; headlong into trouble
* Endurance - unstoppable; inert
* Memory - depth of knowledge; too many details
* Cunning - planning ahead; solving the wrong problem
* Insight - clarity of vision; better left unseen
* Passion - fire from within; blinded by fury
* Empathy - motivations revealed, conflicting loyalties
* Willpower - what needs to be done; blind stubbornness
Tianxia Deck Arcana:
* Sacrifice - for a great cause; overextending
* Justice - punish the wicked; seeking vengeance
* Individualism - driven to independence; disregard for others
* Loyalty - sworn to the cause; blinded by allegiance
* Courage - heart without fear; reckless entanglement
* Truth - see things as they are; reject subjective realities
* Glory - building a legend; victory at a terrible cost
* Charity - aiding the needy; roving other's of strength
* Prowess - devastating skill; hidden flaws
A few that I've come up with so far (but welcome more evocative phrasing)
* Carefree - freedom; lack of connection
* Cautious - recognizing safety; unnecessary fear
* Erudite - wise; long-winded
* Prudence - understanding the limits, protective measures turn dangerous
* Patience - tolerant; wait too long
* Ambition - recognizing the larger problem; underestimating the challenge
* Leadership - authority; tyranny
* Elegance - aesthetic; impractical
Any more suggestions?
Anyone have advice on using Microscope's Legacies in Kingdom? Anyone try using results from Kingdom to bootstrap fiasco? I have some good ideas here, but am open to advice.
It is the transition from Microscope to Kingdom that I'm most worried about. The Kingdom book discusses it, but I find it a bit vague. I'd like a more mechanical method.
KEYQUOTE: "• Is it defensive privacy? Where you worry about conmen, phishers, or other thieves stealing from you? Do you fear the finances loss?
• Is it human rights privacy? Where you’re threatened by the actions of a government or other entity? Do you fear the loss of your life or your freedom?
• Is it personal privacy? Where you just want to be be left alone? Do you fear the loss of the freedom to be yourself?
• Is it contextual privacy? Where you want to partition different portions of your life? Do you fear the loss of your relationships?"
- RPG.NETPublisher, 1999 - present
- Bainbridge Graduate Institute @ Pinchot.eduAssociate Faculty, 2009 - present
- ReOrient MediaFounder/CTO, 2012 - present
- BlackphoneVP Developer Relations, 2014 - 2015
Christopher Allen is a long-time entrepreneur, technologist, privacy advocate, educator and game designer whose many ventures center on tools for collaboration & trust, and the facilitation of online communities.
In studying the human side of trust networks in the early 90's, he founded Consensus Development and helped develop SSL with Netscape, becoming the co-author of the IETF TLS internet-draft that is now at the heart of all secure commerce on the World Wide Web.
In the past decade, Christopher has been a startup advisor, an executive coach, founded a multiplayer online game company, and consults for Fortune 500 companies on social web strategy. He has spoken about the social web, collaboration, game design, privacy, and iPhone and mobile development at various conferences.
Since 2003 Christopher has been sharing his experience at his blog Life With Alacrity, where he discusses a variety of topics including entrepreneuring, the social web, social media, social software, blogging, groupware, collaboration, group dynamics, rating & ranking systems, online communities, facilitation, internet security, trust, privacy, iphone development, interface design, online game design, and internet tools.
Christopher is associate faculty in the MBA for Sustainable Systems at the Bainbridge Graduate Institute @ Pinchot.edu. He teaches the classes "Using the Social Web for Social Change", "Digital Influence", and is part of the faculty team that designed a totally integrated first-year sustainable business curriculum. He also has acted as Director of Collaborative Strategy where he is establishing standards for digital content, ebooks, flipped classroom, online teaching platforms, and is creating a 21st-century cognitive and social pedagogy for hybrid higher education.
Christopher is also co-author of the book iOS 4 in Action an introduction to iPhone and iPad development, is co-founder and keynote speaker of iOS Dev Camp where he moderates the popular Hackathon Contest, has produced six iOS games at RPG.net/iPhone, and is currently producing for the iPad a new platform for non-linear media called Infinite PDF at ReOrient Media.
Christopher is founder of Skotos Tech, an online game company. He designed the socially-driven Castle Marrach game, assisted in the game design of monster clan cooperative Grendel's Revenge, and has shepherded the creation of an online federation of many different games. Christopher is the owner/publisher of RPGnet, the largest independent paper RPG community, produced the award winning Beyond the Mountains of Madness paper RPG supplement and the second edition of the Arkham Horror cooperative board game. Christopher was on the Advisory Board of Areae, the developer of Raph Koster's MetaPlace, which sold to Playdom and then to Disney. He is currently working on a books on Design of Cooperative Games, Patterns of Cooperative Play, several card and board games, and a graphic novel Touched with his long time collaborator Shannon Appelcline.
Most recently, Christopher was VP of Developer Relations at Blackphone, the world's first smartphone which places privacy and control directly in the hands of its users. He is working on launching the world's first privacy-focused mobile app store, a curated marketplace for not only security related apps, but also for apps that demonstrate best safe practices for the privacy of the user.