- Witeck Communications, Inc.President, 2012 - present
- Witeck-Combs Communications, Inc.CEO, communications strategist and author, 1993 - present
- Hill and Knowlton Public AffairsSenior Vice President, 1989 - 1993
- U.S. Senator Bob PackwoodCommunications Director, 1986 - 1989
- Gray and CompanyVice President, 1982 - 1985
- U.S. Senate Commerce CommitteeCommunications Director, 1980 - 1982
- U.S. Senator Bob PackwoodPress Assistant, 1976 - 1980
- U.S. Department of StateTreaty Analyst, 1974 - 1975
Bob Witeck is President of Washington, DC-based WITECK COMMUNICATIONS, Inc., one of the nation's leading public relations and marketing firm specializing in developing strategies for companies wishing to reach the GLBT consumer market.
He leads the firm that he originally co-founded his firm with Wesley Combs in 1993. He was formerly communications director for the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, and Senior Vice President at Hill & Knowlton Public Affairs Worldwide.
Witeck is co-author of "Business Inside Out: Tapping Millions of Brand-Loyal Gay Consumers" (Kaplan Publishing, September 2006). In April 2003, in their 25th anniversary issue, the editors of American Demographics magazine selected Bob Witeck and Wes Combs as two of 25 leaders ‘who have made significant contributions to the worlds of demographics, market research, media and trend spotting for their pioneering work on America’s gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender population.
With nearly four decades professional communications expertise in the public and private sector, Bob Witeck also is a past board member of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, the Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network, the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association and the Commercial Closet Association. He currently serves on the board of Cyndi Lauper’s True Colors Fund.
Bob Witeck received the 2001 Bernard Mayes Award recognizing a graduate of the University of Virginia with the traits of leadership and vision in service to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community. In 2009, Witeck also was named one of 20 outstanding openly gay Virginians by Equality Virginia, the state’s leading LGBT civil rights advocates. He and his partner, Bob Connelly, live in Arlington, Virginia.
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VirginiaPhilosophy and Economics, 1970 - 1974