Precocious yes, but we have to examine this very letter here very carefully. Lets start with the kid's age....maybe 5 or 6, definitely not more than 7 (becoz of the hand writing plus the use of the crayon vs pen or pencil)
1. a kid that would be precocious with this sort of topic just cant be writing with a crayon....parent dictated...therefore fake
2. mistakes look too forced...fake
3. whats that snake thing all about anyways???? a kid that writes like that can draw a proper snake.....fake plus
4. this is nothing but a parent pushing an agenda but using a kid to do it....
5. use of too many colors, to draw our attention to the fact that it was written by a kid.... very lame attempt...therefore fake
If I worked at GM, I definitely would have given the letter some attention, only if it was written by a parent. I hate it when parents use kids to push their own agenda, whatever that agenda may be. Hate it, hate it, hate it.