Remove roof, fold it and voila ! Stored for winter.
7805 regulator vs https://www.pololu.com/product/2850 to provide 5V power for usb devices & sensors from a 12V solar setup (don't have a ton of power to spare)
- this is meant to run 24/7
- the price is obviously way higher for the Pololu (ten fold)
- but the Pololu can provide more than twice the current
- and the efficency of the Pololu is WAY higher than the 7805
- the 7805 will likely need a heatsink, and will waste a non trivial amount of power on ...heat
Thanks in advance!
They are said to be noisier, but I have yet to find a case where they impacted me (and I should check with a scope by myself to see how well filtering caps do their job).
Yes I am addicted to building stuff !
btw these were all made "analog" no digital drawings or anything, but it would beg for a parametric design (based on locally available wooden parts) , I am just too damn lazy for OpenScad , sorry :(
it was a really bad chain reaction that took place over a few weeks :
hospital stay => no one to feed the fish => death of the largest fish => no one to remove the body immediately => nitrate spike => fish dying one by one
I am still not 100% sure if the why the nitrate spike was continuing despite my attempts: water change (over 50 %) , reduction in feeding etc
Some fish also showed signs of a weird disease (gaping mouth, not eating), so perhaps the high temperature s also allowed proliferation of bacteria ?
I am keeping the system running for a few weeks without fish before I try re introducing some again.
If you have any insights please let me know !
Ps : I need to cut down the lettuce, to let the rest grow better ( parsley, rocket , onions all seem to be doing great)
- I want to be able to have reproducible systems
- be able to quickly deploy
- easilly backupable
- not sure if I should go with docker & co (I explored a bit of VM + Docker, but have not had time to do much).
I just don't want to work directly on the boards and lose everything everytime the SD cards get corrupted (happens WAY to often on Raspi, lost a ton of work).
Also want to be able to deploy to a new device "quickly", improve the images etc
Thanks in advance !
Also big kudos to Espressif for a "publicly" develop ped sdk (on Github, see article).
Btw I recomend the Olimex boards, they have been more reliable then some of the other ones I tried, and they break out all the pins.
it is kindof insane, I really expected a "quick and dirty" V2 , not this level of awesome insanity !
The portable device aids the discovery of Diabetic Retinopathy, with units averaging $10,000 - $25,000 if purchased.
Discovering Diabetic Retinopathy early can aid in the prevention of blindness in diabetics, with the increase of the condition increasing year on year.
Also 25 euros of "discarded" wood + plexiglass is awesome !
Crap that is a lot of death & pain over the span of just a few days..
But sadly not surprising: apparently the guy had psychological issues, was suicidal etc ... horrible but sad.
Before the onslaught of hateful reactions please consider this :
what kind of impact all these have
- having to leave a war torn country (that country was your HOME, for better or worse, your friends and family always were there etc)
- possibly having seen the death of your family and friends
- facing the hardships of getting to Europe (if you don't drown or otherwise get killed in the process)
- getting to a different country , where they speak a language you do not understand, where you are hated just because you are a foreigner/refugee, where you are isolated and lost
- then get told you need to go back
Are any of you claiming you would not have snapped at any of those points? I honestly don't think I would be able to survive even the first few ordeals.
It does not excuse anything, does not make the death go away, it is just the sad reality, these are HUMANS just like you or me, so before you go and side with the racists , try to picture yourself, or your friends , or your children going through all this ...
More hate and 'closing borders' mentality will not solve ANY of it.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not offended, enraged, or any other similar word. I'm merely here discussing a viewpoint and pointing out failures in your presentation of that viewpoint.
Getting mad and telling people to "just not reply" is extremely close minded. If you're that afraid of discussing your viewpoint, that means somewhere deep down you know there is something wrong with it.
- YoumagineWeb App Engineer, 2014 - present
- InraBioInformatician/ Python Developper, 2011 - presentPython developper/ bio analyst
- Micro ApplicationQA/ C#.net Dev, 2006 - 2009QA Manager/C#/Nsis Developper
- Ciblo.netWeb dev, 2004 - 2004Web developper
- KITDev/3d printer specialist, 2014 - 2014
- IUT AmiensInformatics, 2003 - 2004
- CNAMInformatics, 2009 - 2011
- CNAMBiochemistry, 2009 - 2011
Version Badge for npm, RubyGems, PyPI, Bower and other packages
Version Badge is the best way for package authors to tie their source code and documentation to installable package releases.
2013 review of developments, 3D Printing book release and more challenges.
#2014 I missed doing my annual roundup of 3D Printing adventures before Christmas, so here it is, with some plans and updates for 2014. Firs
Coffeescad: 3D-Druckmodellierung im Browser - Golem.de
Mit seinem Projekt Coffeescad will Mark Moissette nicht nur eine einfache Modellierungsanwendung für 3D-Drucker erstellen, sondern gleichzei
The Humble Indie Bundle #4 (pay what you want and help charity)
Pay what you want for a collection of awesome games, and help support two charities. All of the games are DRM-free and support Mac, Windows,
The electric revolution in R/C planes hits full-size aviation - DIY Drones
It's been amazing to watch how computer technologies have revolutionized the R/C aircraft world. The combination of high-efficiency brushles
Behold Tharsis Tholus, Mars' technicolor dream volcano!
You're looking at an image of Tharsis Tholus, an extinct Martian volcano that by Earthly standards is positively massive: towering 8km above
Free Template Alissa: Responsive Bootstrap Coming Soon Page | AZMIND - F...
Alissa: responsive coming soon template built with Twitter Bootstrap. It comes with images slideshow, countdown timer, AJAX email subscripti